Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Kibsgård 62 posts 73 karma points
    Oct 18, 2011 @ 12:36
    Simon Kibsgård

Upgrade 4.7 -> 4.7.1 problem

Hi

I am doing an upgrade from 4.7 to 4.7.1. and I got through copying and merging no problem to the install screen displaying "upgrading umbraco" easily. Nothing happens from there when pressing the button. As far as I know all I am missing is a possible SQL script to upgrade DB and then to set my version number in the web.config.

Since this isn't working (also cf. http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/21260-47-Upgrade-Wizard-Won't-Run) for me, I would like to know if there are any changes to DB for this upgrade. Otherwise I will skip this part and consider my website upgraded.

Thanks.

• Giorgos Grispos 145 posts 179 karma points
    Oct 18, 2011 @ 19:17
    Giorgos Grispos

Hi Simon,

Any news for that post, I'd like to upgrade a website with a couple of thousands of nodes and I need to be prepared as better as possible.
    Have a look at this page as well, there is some info on the bottom under the important when upgrading section 

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/73692

Cheers, Giorgos

Oct 18, 2011 @ 22:48
    Simon Kibsgård

Hi Giorgos.

Everything looks fine. I did the upgrade without the wizard and therefore no changes to the database. Still I haven't heard from anyone who would know of this...

In the section you refer to it is mentioned that you need look af /bin, /umbraco and /umbraco_client - but that is insufficient. Refer to the general upgrade information also linked to in that section to see all the folders you need to merge changes in to (use Winmerge eg.). To illustrate some of the important changes are in the /config folder.  

best regards, Simon

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Oct 18, 2011 @ 22:54
    Tom Fulton

Hi Simon,

There shouldn't be any database changes between 4.7 -> 4.7.1 - pretty sure they make it a point not to do any database schema changes between patch releases.

-Tom

• Giorgos Grispos 145 posts 179 karma points
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 09:28
    Giorgos Grispos

Hi,

I did follow the wizard after the replacement of the /bin, /umbraco and /umbraco_client folders and everything went fine. Note that If you run the wizard you don't need to write the 4.7.1 in the web.config file.
    Haven't seen anything wrong so far, if there any problem comes I'll let you know.

Cheers, Giorgos

Oct 19, 2011 @ 09:35
    Simon Kibsgård

Hi Tom

Thanks, I hope you're right.

Giorgos, great that it worked for you :-)

Jan 27, 2012 @ 15:46
    Simon Kibsgård

So annoying to find that it's the same now from 4.7.1 to 4.7.1.1

I hope there are no changes to DB this time as well :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft