Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joey 20 posts 44 karma points
    Sep 29, 2011 @ 00:36
    Joey

installation fails

Need help the installation for 4.7.1 fails. I just downloaded the binaries zip and got it setup with IIS7 and created a blank DB in sql server 2008 and on the last step were it asks to install a pre-made package I selected the business package and it fails with the following message. I tried downloading and compiling the source but going that route it never enters the install mode. How do I fix this error? The database doesn't contain any data so the site doesn't work at all and I cannot even create a document because no types are listed in the admin pages.

Could not find a IDataType control matching DataEditorId e66af4a0-e8b4-11de-8a39-0800200c9a66 in the controls collection. To correct this, check the data type definition in the developer section or ensure that the package/control is installed correctly.

• Arkady 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 29, 2011 @ 16:15
    Arkady

I have this problem too. Mayby someone know how to fix it? Any suggestions?

• Joey 20 posts 44 karma points
    Oct 01, 2011 @ 09:17
    Joey

Straight up a defect. I installed it using the starter kit instead. Can anyone give step-by-step instructions on how to install the business kit post installation?

• Chris Valdivia 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 05, 2011 @ 19:48
    Chris Valdivia

Ditto here, same problem.  Occurred when I tried to install with the blog starter kit.  :-(

• giovanni arena 2 posts 22 karma points
    Oct 20, 2011 @ 11:19
    giovanni arena

I have done several tests, installation, choosing all four starter kits and the problem has always occurred.
    If you click on the browser 'go back' and reselect the starter kit, the wizard continues and goes to term.
    Umbraco starts up, but the problem is that continually go 404 errors, not found some files.
    The files have been downloaded to a location other than the preset.
    I brutally solved by copying the folders to / myCMSWebSite / 
    myCMSWebSite up to /myCMSWebSite, but only for those in Umbraco expect the presence of files.
    This allowed me to begin to navigate the site, to hack, but other bugs have been detected.For example, inability to edit the Canvas.
    From what little I could see, I must say it is a great CMS, but when will work well? Without great bugs.
    I hope that the presence of many of these bugs is only due to this anomaly of installation.

• giovanni arena 2 posts 22 karma points
    Oct 20, 2011 @ 16:07
    giovanni arena

I redid the installation, when it was time to select the starter kit, I selected the option to continue without selecting a starter kit.
    I started Umbraco, and everything seems to work, I then installed the package with a starterkit and skins by a special feature (Developer / Pakages / UmbracoPackageRepositor /starter kit) and it all works, even the 'Edit Canvas'

• almbris 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 03, 2011 @ 09:41
    almbris

difficult to be creative when it does not work as expected

• Dave Norton 1 post 21 karma points
    Nov 09, 2011 @ 10:05
    Dave Norton

I too have installed umbraco, (installation I downloaded the binaries zip and got it setup with IIS7 and created a blank DB in SQL 2008 R2 altered the webconfig file connection string and then completed the installation via the web browser setup i.e. added the business starter kit and skin). Hhowever whilst I can navigate to the admin "portal"  and add my domain name, publish the site etc. I cannot view the site using the domain name (which resolves ok), when I try to access the site I am constantly redirected to the installation page: http://www.myurl.com/install/default.aspx?redir=true&url=/

Does anybody have any idea how to rectify this?

I have cleared my browser cache and tried various different browsers but all with the same result.

Any advice would be much appreciated

• Clay 6 posts 26 karma points
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 05:41
    Clay

I have this problem too. I am wondering if installing on my local machine, then copying files over to the server machine will fix it? (My local version works, server does not)

• Clay 6 posts 26 karma points
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 16:09
    Clay

Hi guys, 

It looks like WPI is the culprit here. When I install Umbraco using Web Matrix I can install the starter kit just fine. 

~ Clay 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft