Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Oluwole Kolawole 32 posts 53 karma points
    Jul 04, 2011 @ 18:45
    Oluwole Kolawole

Umbraco 4.7 install Missing Admin Tree Structure

Hi everyone,

I've just installed 4.7 on a GoDaddy shared account. I had to install it into a sub-folder in order to get around the fact that you cannot specify write permissions on a file (namely web.config) in the root folder.

Anyway, install went well but the tree structure in the Umbraco backend is missing! I have the Content, Media, Users, Settings, Developer and Members root nodes but nothing else under either of them. This is a fresh install into a MySQL database and I can't seem to figure out why it isn't working.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,

Wole Kolawole
    London.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 04, 2011 @ 18:59
    Dirk De Grave

You just can't install umbraco in a subfolder of your iis root, umbraco must be installed at the root (or configured as a virtual directory...)

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Oluwole Kolawole 32 posts 53 karma points
    Jul 04, 2011 @ 20:27
    Oluwole Kolawole

I know this and I couldn't have installed it if it wasn't into a virtual directory...sorry if I ddn't specifically state this.

So, I installed Umbraco into a virtual directory (i.e. folder set as a GoDaddy Application Root)...what may be causing the problem I'm experiencing?

Regards
    Wole.

• Steven Moye 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jul 12, 2011 @ 20:59
    Steven Moye

I've actually been experiencing this as well: I installed umbraco (version 4.7.0.378) twice; I did it the second time thinking I did something wrong the first time. Each time, choosing not to install a starter kit - which I'm assuming isn't related because I always choose not to install starter kits, and this isn't my first experience with Umbraco. In both installs though, it's been missing the content in the admin, including Users which makes absolutely no sense considering that a User is needed to login.  

I'll be testing a little more so I'll let you know if I'm able to produce different results 

• Steven Moye 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jul 14, 2011 @ 17:35
    Steven Moye

I tried a bunch of different things, connecting with the hosting provider to check and double check permissions site-wide and after multiple installation attempts, what's worked for me (at least so far) has been installing one of the nightly builds for 4.7.1 (specifically 4.7.1.407, which was the newest available - update: I settled on 4.7.1.401 due to an xslt error with .407) - I foung the solution in this thread http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/18885-Error-after-installation. I'm not sure how stable it is, seeing as how I get a server error everytime I click the "About" button on the top right of the admin section, but it works for me so far. Best of luck with your own installation!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft