Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ybbest 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 03, 2011 @ 07:37
    ybbest

Manually configure Umbraco4.71 not using Sql Server CE

Hi

I try to manually install Umbraco4.71 to use SQL Server , I follow all the instructions to change the umbracoDbDSN to use my new server and database.It does not work , every time I browse to my site , it still go to the login page directly ,I assume it is still using sql server ce then, how can change this , any help would be much appreciated and plus what is the default user name and password for Umbraco4.71  using sql server ce ?

• Lesley 284 posts 143 karma points
    Jul 03, 2011 @ 11:36
    Lesley

Hi there,

Do I understand correctly that your database was originally on CE and you are manually moving it to SQL Server (full)??

Check a couple of things...

Did you make a user on your SQL Server with "owner" permission on the umbraco database? 

Are you able to log on to your SQL Server database via Management Studio with that user?

If you have problems with this, then there is something wrong with the user or schema in SQL Server. If you can log on ok, then it's a problem with your umbracoDbDSN (or some other config), in which case, I'd ask you to post your <connectionStrings> from web.config

Hope that gives you some clues.

Lesley

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft