Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott 69 posts 146 karma points
    Jun 16, 2011 @ 14:46
    Scott

Upgrading to 4.7 : /install/ redirects to /umbraco/

I'm attempting to upgrade umbraco 4.5.2 to 4.7 manually. I have done this several times without error. These are my steps

1. Backup everything.

2. Open up the Umbraco 4.7 zip and copy the following directories to the existing websites folder:
    /App_Data
    /bin
    /config
    /install
    /umbraco
    /umbraco_client
    plus web.config

3. Change my app pool. I was running the .Net framework 3.5 version of Umbraco 4.5.2 so I have to change my app pool to use .Net 4.xxx

4. Copy any custom changes from my web.config to the new one (if any..and there weren't any)

5. Get a copy of Microsoft.Scripting ExtensionAttribute.dll and throw it in the bin folder

6. Run install from <website>/install/

This usually walks through the install web app just like a new installation, checks everything out, gives me a thumbs up, and away I go. But this time when I do it, it just redirects me to <website>/umbraco/

After that failed, I was hoping that maybe I could get away with just updating the datasource infomation in my web.config and it would just work, and I WAS able to get into <website>/umbraco/ when I did that. But then any attempts to access my website ALSO redirected me to <website>/umbraco/.

This is running on Windows 2008 64bit. I successfully upgraded one other site on this server before attempting this one.

• Scott 69 posts 146 karma points
    Jun 22, 2011 @ 18:26
    Scott

No one has any idea?? :'(

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jun 22, 2011 @ 23:49
    Tim

Do you have any custom URL rewrites set up? You could also try republishing the whole site by right clicking on the content folder and selecting the republish menu item to see if that helps.

• Kevon K. Hayes 255 posts 281 karma points
    Jul 14, 2011 @ 23:46
    Kevon K. Hayes

There are new directories in this version looks like you're missing dependencies.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft