Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• andrew 13 posts 36 karma points
    Apr 04, 2011 @ 22:02
    andrew

Problems accessing Umbraco installation via Webdav

I've got a few sites on a Windows 2008 R2 box, all privately accessible via a webdav site set up in IIS 7.5 with each application as a virtual directory.  The Webdav site is set with no managed code, permissions are set properly, etc.

All of the other sites I have I can access just fine, including plain html and dotnetnuke sites.  Both of the Umbraco sites I installed worked fine when I first setup the directory, but once I copied the site over, it started showing up as a 0k file instead of a directory.

As far as I can tell, this only happens with Umbraco sites.  Has anyone else run into this, and if so, is there a way around it?  My guess is it's a web.config issue, but from there, I've got nothing.  As of right now, I have to upload the files to a scratch directory, remote into the server, and move them to the application directory.

Many thanks--

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 04, 2011 @ 22:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andrew

It can be really troublesome to use Umbraco in virtual directories and I think it should be avoided if it's possible.

What versions of Umbraco do you have installed? I think the support for virtual directories is better in 4.7 than in any previous version. (If I remember correctly installing umbraco in a virtual directory became possible in v4.5).

/Jan

• andrew 13 posts 36 karma points
    Apr 04, 2011 @ 22:22
    andrew

The Umbraco sites are referenced normally as their own sites in IIS.  They're configured as virtual directories only under the webdav site.

But, on the off chance you were right, I changed the webdav site back to .net 4.0 (instead of no managed code) and changed the umbraco directories to applications instead of virtual directories...  And it works!

Weird, but at least I can get to it now.

Thanks Jan!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft