Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ahmed El Ghobary 5 posts 25 karma points
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 14:46
    Ahmed El Ghobary

Umbraco - software capacity, boundaries, or limitations

Hi,

I'm comparing different CMS tools for a web site providing online content of images, videos, audios, blogs ...
    where the registered users will be able to publish this content.

The expected number of users will be very high, and the publishing rates and data size will be high, are umbraco supports that ? or it is better to write my own code?

what are the software capacity or limitations? does it support 1 million users?

another question is umbraco don't provide a friendly admin UI that could be published to internet, I'm thinking about writing a custom admin page, where users will be able to add, edit, remove content, base on content type created previously my the admin/developers

is umbraco a good choice for supporting these scenarios?

Thank,
    Ahmed

• Ryan 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jul 26, 2012 @ 10:43
    Ryan

I believe like other content management systems in starting had some limitations and then got improved with time. Umbraco is evolving and will cover soon with the new versions like the latest Umbraco 5.0.1 CMS and i expect much more improvisation.

• Mr A 216 posts 278 karma points
    Jul 26, 2012 @ 10:59
    Mr A

FYI Development Umbraco 5 is stopped , see this article umbraco 5 , However the umbraco team will keep polishing and focusing on version 4, See v4 Roadmap

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft