Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• torbad 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 17:16
    torbad

Getting proper sources for given release

I've installed 4.5.2, but when I wanted to dive into code I have struggled to find proper sources for this version.

Based on tags, I've tried changeset 647 (tag: "Release 4.5.2") and changeset 668 (tag: "Release 4.5.0"), but both differs from the "official version" in terms of behaviour (in my environment, when using the sources it fails at the end of installation with the following error.

Maybe someone can guide me to locating proper sources for this release? (What about including the sources as "downloadable" similar to the other artifacts such as binaries/installers, "Getting started", "Changelog" etc?)

[KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.]
       System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException() +28
       System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) +2647152
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.controls.Factory.GetNewObject(Guid DataEditorId) in D:\dev\net\pocs\umbraco mercurial\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\datatype\factory.cs:50
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.controls.Factory.DataType(Guid DataTypeId) in D:\dev\net\pocs\umbraco mercurial\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\datatype\factory.cs:40
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.get_DataType() in D:\dev\net\pocs\umbraco mercurial\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\datatype\DataTypeDefinition.cs:53
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.property.Property.MakeNew(PropertyType pt, Content c, Guid versionId) in D:\dev\net\pocs\umbraco mercurial\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\Property\Property.cs:113
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.addProperty(PropertyType pt, Guid versionId) in D:\dev\net\pocs\umbraco mercurial\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\Content.cs:323
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.createNewVersion() in D:\dev\net\pocs\umbraco mercurial\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\Content.cs:526
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.CreateContent(ContentType ct) in D:\dev\net\pocs\umbraco mercurial\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\Content.cs:499
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.MakeNew(String Name, DocumentType dct, User u, Int32 ParentId) in D:\dev\net\pocs\umbraco mercurial\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\web\Document.cs:348
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Import(Int32 ParentId, User Creator, XmlElement Source) in D:\dev\net\pocs\umbraco mercurial\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\web\Document.cs:246
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.InstallBusinessLogic(Int32 packageId, String tempDir) in D:\dev\net\pocs\umbraco mercurial\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\Packager\Installer.cs:383
       umbraco.presentation.install.steps.boost.btNext_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\dev\net\pocs\umbraco mercurial\umbraco\presentation\install\steps\boost.ascx.cs:84

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 18:58
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Instead of trying to create a complete build from source, how about just opening up the (4.5.2) source code and use "Attach to process" to start debugging?

Jan 24, 2011 @ 19:37
    torbad

The distribution doesn't contain pdbs it looks, and I would prefer not to start with a code vs runtime mismatch when digging down into this level :).

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 21:57
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Ah yes, I forgot about that. I haven't built from source in a while, but isn't there supposed to be a nant build script in the source that you could use to easily build a full release? Not sure if that would generate the pdbs either though.. hmm.

So, I spent 2 hours getting the source through Mercurial, but as there was no 4.5.2 branche, I downloaded it from here: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/ffc34b23e1a0

Built the solution and got no errors at all, so now I have all the pdbs that would be needed. Have you tried to build from this version?

Jan 25, 2011 @ 10:54
    torbad

Thank you for your efforts! It looks to me the sources you refer to are equivalent to the changeset 647 (tag: "Release 4.5.2"). I tried it again, pdbs are fine but I got the same exception at the end of the installation ("boost" installation step when installing runway).

So in conclusion there is no problem retrieving sources, building and then debugging, but unfortunately I am having a hard time finding the proper version of the sources.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft