Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• organic 108 posts 157 karma points
    Nov 01, 2010 @ 20:06
    organic

wrong jquery.js in 4.5.2 download?

I just upgraded from 4.0.4.2 to 4.5.2.  I found that the versions of /umbraco_client/ui/jquery.js and jqueryui.js were older file timestamp in the new Umbraco 4.5.2 .zip, which seems wrong. The 4.0.4.2 jquery.js has no version in it and is all compressed onto one line.  The 4.5.2 jquery.js is multi-line and says  * jQuery JavaScript Library v1.4.2 which looks like the Production minified and GZipped download.

My 'runwayGallery' photo gallery package was not working correctly until I copied these two .js's from 4.0.x. Seems like a mistake by the Umbraco team, but I could be wrong, of course.  Anyone else notice this?

The folder looks like this:

jquery.js(4.0.4.2)   56KB 6/8/2010
    jquery.js(4.5.2)      71KB 4/7/2010
    jqueryui.js(4.0.4.2) 18KB 6/8/2010
    jqueryui.js(4.5.2)    214KB 1/28/2010

Nov 01, 2010 @ 22:05
    organic

Let me rephrase the issue.  Why does v. 4.0.4.2 have umbraco_client\ui\jquery.js and jqueryui.js that are squeezed on one line without comments as to what version they are?  I don't see that you can download that from jQuery.com. The .js's in 4.5.2 DO match what you can download from jquery.com and jqueryui.com.  What's strange is that after upgrading my site from 4.0.4.2 to 4.5.2 my Runway Gallery photo gallery only work with the OLD .js's.  Seems like jQuery would probably be backwards compatible.  Anyone have any insight?

Nov 02, 2010 @ 00:05
    organic

I'll rephrase once again as I keep thinking about this.  Runway Gallery supposedly tests OK when upgraded to 4.5.2, per this post:

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/packaging/umbraco-45-compatibility/umbraco-45-package-testing

However, I don't find this to be true.  When I upgrade from 4.0.4.2 to 4.5.2, the paths to the 'previous', 'next', and 'close' buttons have the default values loaded by'scripts/jquery.lightbox-0.5.min.js', probably because this script in galleryListPhotos.xslt isn't executing for some reason. So this is the real source of the problem.  A problem that is solved by replacing the umbraco_client/ui/jquery.js that came with 4.5.2 with the one from 4.0.4.2.  Unfortunately, the one from 4.0.4.2 doesn't have comments in it that say what version it is. :-(

<script type="text/javascript">
        $(function() {
          $('.runwayGallery a:rel:lightbox').lightBox({
            imageLoading: '/images/jQueryLightboxImages/loading.gif',
            imageBlank: '/images/jQueryLightboxImages/blank.gif',
            imageBtnClose: '/images/jQueryLightboxImages/close.gif',
            imageBtnPrev: '/images/jQueryLightboxImages/prev.gif',
            imageBtnNext: '/images/jQueryLightboxImages/next.gif'
          });
        });
      script>

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Nov 02, 2010 @ 02:09
    Aaron Powell

I believe that Umbraco 4.0 was using jQuery 1.3.something and in Umbraco 4.5 it is 1.4.something.

You can check the version of jQuery by doing:

alert(jQuery().jquery);

Nov 03, 2010 @ 23:45
    organic

Thanks.  That 'alert' technique shows jQuery 1.3.2.

I have solved the problem!(FYI, I don't see anywhere to select this as 'solved' and I always get emailed asking me to do that)

The CSS selector $('.runwayGallery a:rel:lightbox').lightBox({imageBtnClose: '.../.../...',...}); in galleryListPhotos.xslt seems to be wrong and I think it was the default in the Runway Gallery package install. I have no 'rel' attribute in my 'a' tag.  That selector is passing in the new path values for the 'prev', 'next', and 'close' images.  I thought this was initializing Lightbox, too, and since the actual lightbox was working, incorrectly concluded that the selector must be valid. However, it's actually the runway.gallery.js script that initializes the Lightbox with this valid selector $('a.lightbox').lightBox();  Now I still can't find any explanation why the incorrect selector was working with jQuery 1.3.2, but not in jQuery 1.4.2.  I believe that was the only difference in environments.  That also means that my title for this post was wrong.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft