Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Park 32 posts 52 karma points
    Oct 20, 2010 @ 15:03
    David Park

Change database after setup - Invalid object name 'umbracoDomains'.

Hi folks, I have successfully installed Umbraco 4.5 but accidentally set it up with the wrong databse (one currently used for another site).

I tried to change the database connection string (real values substituted):

<add key="umbracoDbDSN" value="server=SERVERNAME;database=DBNAME;user id=DBUSER;password=PASSWORD" />

but when I do I get the following error message.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'umbracoDomains'.

Coincidentally, the wrong database is working fine which I am guessing is because it was the one I used to set up the site.

Do I have to change something elsewhere in the web config or the database?

Oct 20, 2010 @ 15:50
    David Park

Just a quick update - I compared the database I want to use to the one I am currently using and I noticed that the one I am currently using has a bunch of umbraco tables but the one I want to use does not. Are these tables created when you install Umbraco and configure the database? Or can you get those tables on the database without re-installing?

• Jeff Grine 149 posts 189 karma points
    Oct 20, 2010 @ 17:11
    Jeff Grine

That runs as one of the steps when you go to the install folder on your local site. You don't have to do the whole install again, just go to http://yoursite/install/

Oct 20, 2010 @ 17:13
    David Park

Hi Jeff,

Thanks a lot for your help. I'm sure it was right on the money but I had already reinstalled and it worked a charm. It really was just the tables on the database that Umbraco creates when you install.

Thanks again!,

David.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft