This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• klh 10 posts 27 karma points
    Sep 25, 2010 @ 16:56
    klh

Microsoft.Scripting.ExtensionAttribute missing

Hi, 

When i try to install Umbraco i get this server error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Scripting.ExtensionAttribute, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Scripting.ExtensionAttribute, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I have tried searching Google for the file as well as locally - and i can't find the exact file i need. Can someone point me in the right direction?

• Pickels 75 posts 108 karma points
    Sep 27, 2010 @ 22:14
    Pickels

Just found this out the hard way myself. After hours of trying to solve this error I found out the file was missing. You can get it from umbraco 4.5.1 on codeplex.

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/48015

Really would like to know why the file was left out.

• klh 10 posts 27 karma points
    Oct 03, 2010 @ 14:19
    klh

Thank you!

Yeah, i would like to know too...

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Nov 10, 2010 @ 10:43
    Stephen

Reported here http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/29016 with some comments...

There seem to be some confusion between DLR 2.0 and DLR 4.0 at the moment.

• organic 108 posts 157 karma points
    Nov 10, 2010 @ 19:00
    organic

I got this error, too when using the Web Platform Installer to install 4.5.2 on XP Pro IIS 5.1 as a virtual directory under the Default Web Site.  So I created a root website using the IISAdmin free app ( http://www.jetstat.com/iisadmin/ ) that allows you to run the website at the root, not a VD, and the installer came up and ran fine.

FYI, I was trying to test the jqueryui.js functionality (datepicker, sorting of content, sorting of document type properties) in this clean install and none of those are working for me(in Production or this clean install).  Not sure if other people are seeing the same problem or if it's related to the above bug. Here's my post about that:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/14352-date-picker-not-rendering-in-452

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Dec 18, 2010 @ 08:40
    Jonas Eriksson

On an upgraded site of mine I get this error running DLR's. Adding Microsoft.Scripting.ExtensionAttribute.dll does indeed solve that. However - it causes another error - that is solved only if I remove all my VB-files from the installation.

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'ExtensionAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices'.

So - that means I cannot run python and vb together on the site. Not a very big issue for me atm since the only python I'm running is for my own administration of the site. However I hope that the problem is addressed in Juno for the sake of Umbraco being open for both DLR and VB-coders.

(Adding this comment to codeplex also)

Regards

Jonas

• Andreas Pfanner 196 posts 314 karma points
    Jan 14, 2011 @ 14:03
    Andreas Pfanner

Hello,

I upgraded from 4.5.2 to 4.6.1 (with moving to .NET 4.0) and I'm getting the same error on the first page load. After hitting refresh it works. How to solve that??

Best Regards

Andreas

• Andreas Pfanner 196 posts 314 karma points
    Jan 14, 2011 @ 16:54
    Andreas Pfanner

I think I found the solution for my scenario:
    In my 4.5.2 bin folder there is a Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll file, which isn't included in 4.6.1. By copying the contents of the 4.6.1 bin folder to my existing installation, the file stays.. So if I remove that file the problem is solved for me!

- Does anyone knows more about that? Is the Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll obsolete when running on ASP.NET 4.0?
    - Is it generally a problem when doing an upgrade to copy the contents of the new release bin directory to the existing installation? I don't see a better solution, since there are installed packages etc. I don't want to lose, so I cannot simply replace the bin directory with the new one..

Any guess?
    Best Regards
    Andreas

• Rob Holmes 16 posts 36 karma points
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 13:03
    Rob Holmes

Andreas:

Thanks for that, I've been running up against the same problem as part of my upgrade testing, and this solves the problem for me as well

Thanks!

• Lesley 284 posts 143 karma points
    Apr 16, 2011 @ 23:54
    Lesley

I have also seen this error after upgrading from 4.6 to 4.7. It occured when trying to save an xslt file.

The upgrade instructions said to delete Microsoft.Scripting.dll from /bin/ which I had done, so I compared the bin folders, and saw another MS dll, Microsoft.Dynamic.dll which was not in the 4.7 install files. I removed it from my site and that solved things.

Lesley

• Obiwan 33 posts 67 karma points
    Dec 31, 2011 @ 15:53
    Obiwan

I have had same bug after upgrading to 4.7.1.1, to fix it I used this comment: 
    http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/29016#CommentContainer5  

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft