Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gary Smith 27 posts 47 karma points
    Sep 01, 2010 @ 23:48
    Gary Smith

Upgrading 4.5.1 to 4.5.2 on mysql

I compiled 4.5.1 a while ago and installed it.  It's configured for MySql and has been running fine for the most part.  I compiles 4.5.2 and then copied all files over, retaining my original web.config file and then go to the site and it asks me to do the install (which is what I expected).

When I go to upgrade from 4.5.1 to 4.5.2 it goes to step 2, shows me all of the database information for MySql (which is correct) and then when I click next, it dies the horrible "Database not found" death.  Is there something that I'm missing?

Step 2/5: Database configuration

Version4_1

Database not found! Please check that the information in the "connection string" of the “web.config” file is correct.

To proceed, please edit the "web.config" file (using Visual Studio or your favourite text editor), scroll to the bottom, add the connection string for your database in the key named "umbracoDbDSN" and save the file.

Click the retry button when done.
    More information on editing web.config here.

Any ideas?

Sep 02, 2010 @ 00:10
    Gary Smith

Okay, following some notes I had wrote down in one of the other files, apparently I had to tweak MysqlInstall.cs last time to reflect that it supports 4.1  I can't remember if someone emailed me that or I just tripped upon it.  Anyway, currently the MySqlInstaller.cs is still set for version 4 only.  It seems to work fine with 4.1.  I'm hopping the intent is that it is 4.1 compatible and that someone just forgot to update this constant.

MySqlInstaller.cs line 41 was changed:

private const DatabaseVersion LatestVersionSupported = DatabaseVersion.Version4_1;

Everything else seems to work fine and it's seen as 4.5.2 now.  Can someone update the code to reflect?

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Sep 02, 2010 @ 01:01
    Paul Blair

If you're going from 4.5.1 to 4.5.2 I don't think there are any database updates. So you are probably safe to edit change the web.config value manually to 4.5.2

Sep 02, 2010 @ 01:50
    Gary Smith

Paul,

In retrospect, I could have changed the value but without knowing what actual changes were made in the 4.5.2 subsystem it just looked a little risky to do it that way.  In any event, I have submitted a trouble ticket over on codeplex identifying the problem. 

Everythings working fine now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft