Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Asif Malik 203 posts 339 karma points
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 09:47
    Asif Malik

Umbraco 4.5.1 IIS7 integrated pipeline

Hi i am tryign to migrate my local development code to a live server. The local environemnt is Windows 7 IIS7 with integarted pipeline. Everything is working correctly here.

However now i have uploaded the code to a live server Windows 2008 IIS7 with integrated pipeline. I have given the appropriate app pool identify modify rights to the entire root folder, howeevr when i browse to the site iget the following error

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Module IIS Web Core
    Notification BeginRequest
    Handler Not yet determined
    Error Code 0x80070021
    Config Error This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".
    Config File \\?\..........................................\web.config

and it highlights the line of code

<handlers accessPolicy="Read, Write, Script, Execute">

Any and all help is much appreciated.

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 09:54
    Matt Brailsford

Hey Asif,

500.19 is usualy down to the wrong .NET version.

Have you ensured that the app pool is set to use .NET 4? By default, your app pool is usually set to .NET 2, so you need to change it manually.

Many thanks

Matt

Aug 04, 2010 @ 09:55
    Asif Malik

I just double checked and it is set to v4.0.

Thanks for your quick response

Asif

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 09:59
    Matt Brailsford

Ok, in that case, if the info in the error is correct, then it suggests the applicationHost.config needs modifying to allow the handlers tag to be overridden on your web.config, as it is saying it is currently set to deny overrides.

Checkout this guide for modifying the applicationHost.config

http://www.methodicmadness.com/2009/01/http-error-50019-this-configuration.html

Many thanks

Matt

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 10:52
    Sascha Wolter

Hey guys,

Windows 7 comes with IIS7.5, I remember reading somewhere that you would need to make changes to the web.config file in that case, however can't remember what it was or where.

Here is some more info regarding possible causes for 500.19, maybe that helps: link link.

Sascha

Aug 04, 2010 @ 11:20
    Asif Malik

As it turns out the problem was that asp.net was not enabled within IIS ...... it all seems to be working correclty now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft