Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gary Smith 27 posts 47 karma points
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 05:46
    Gary Smith

Compile from source + mysql = me confused

As per the subject, I downloaded 4.5 source.  I'm running VS 2008 so I have to change the references to V10 to V9.  I loaded the project, and it compiled fine.  I published and it failed as it was looking for 4.0.0.0 references so I updated them to 3.5.0.0.  Republished and I get the login screen.  I create a DSN entry pointing to a mysql instance.  I also changed the DSN entry in the web.config to match.

Now what?  I still get the login screen.  Reading some of the install docs, I assume that I should be getting the install wizzard. 

Am I missing something?

Aug 04, 2010 @ 09:37
    Gary Smith

I thought I had pulled the latest souce but apparently I did not.  In the definition for the data class for mysql, it defaults to version 4 whereas sqlserver defaults to 4_1.  I'm managed to resolve many of the other issues by tweaking the web config.  I will need to look into the source tomorrow to see if this is the case in the current release.

Aug 04, 2010 @ 19:43
    Gary Smith

Okay, I started from scratch.  I reset the database and started over and most, things are working fine.  I do have a small issue with the runway page.  I installed all of the basic modules, including site map.  Now I get "Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\RunwayTopNavigation.xslt Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\RunwayDropdownNavigation.xslt".  I verified that this file exists on the instance.

Any ideas?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft