Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kentiler 76 posts 69 karma points
    Jul 19, 2010 @ 04:35
    kentiler

Clean Install of 4.5 and no trees - tried other solutions but still not working!

Hi,

I just installed 4.5 on a Windows 2003 server running IIS 6 and SQL Server 2008 R2.  The installation went through fine, and when I logged in the first time I couldn't create any users or anything on the Settings Node. 

I've seen some posts saying that you have to unzip the installation package with an unblock option, but I don't have that as an option.  I think it's with later OS's than Windows 2003.  I've tried the files from the based binaries and also the Web App installer, but neither have worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

--Kent

• Matthias S. 15 posts 35 karma points
    Jul 19, 2010 @ 04:50
    Matthias S.

Hi,

usually this option is on the bottom of the properties page of a zip file. (Right click -> properties) It should say something like "Allow" (I'm only have the german version of XP and 2k3 installed currently where it says "Zulassen")

If you want to be on the save side use WinRar or 7zip, they should extract the items just fine!

Good luck ;-)

Greetz

• Yan 36 posts 56 karma points
    Jul 23, 2010 @ 06:02
    Yan

I did a clean installation 4.5 to share hosting and set the application pool to V4 Integrated. I logged in to the backend CMS and tree not showing on all the nodes. But this is not cause by the unblocked zip issue. Looks like some dll`s are blocked for security issues (.NET 4.0). The same issue appears when the installation files are downloaded and extracted before the zip is unblocked through its properties. Not all files (dlls`s) are extracted which causes the same situation where no tree is showing up. Any suggestion?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 23, 2010 @ 12:23
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I just edited the Upgrading to 4.5 wiki post, it might be helpful. Check your permissions and remove AjaxControlToolkit.dll if present in your /bin folder.

• Yan 36 posts 56 karma points
    Jul 23, 2010 @ 16:00
    Yan

My install is not upgrading. It is clean install the 4.5 with unblocked zip file, so there is no AjaxControlTookit.dll in the bin. Because the share hosting doesn't give access to set permissions with control panel. I requested the hosting company did the permissions setting. They did set it to full trust etc. However, the tree still not showing.

• Folkert 82 posts 212 karma points
    Jul 28, 2010 @ 22:41
    Folkert

I'm actually facing the same problem:

http://tijdbox.nl/config/splashes/noNodes.aspx

check this page with firebug, there is a 500 error on this page:
    http://tijdbox.nl/config/splashes/DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY29fY2xpZW50L3BhbmVsL3N0eWxlLmNzczsvdW1icmFjb19jbGllbnQvc2Nyb2xsaW5nbWVudS9zdHlsZS5jc3M7&t=Css&cdv=1

"Access to the path 'd:\www\tijdbox.nl\www\App_Data\ClientDependency\NET3-NL-IIS-124-map.xml' is denied."

I am able to create (inheritable)write access to this directory but receive still this error.
    Look exactly like: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/11051-451-not-installing-properly

Jul 28, 2010 @ 22:49
    Folkert

** UPDATE **

That's weird, I changed the path of /App_Data/ClientDependency to /ClientDependency (directly in the root) and now it's working. Maybe some ISP setting which can't be overruled???

Anyway, I'M RUNNING UMBRACO IN A SHARED HOSTED ENVIRONMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (with MySql) without any troubles sofar.

(lost to be tested though ;-))

• Wayne 19 posts 59 karma points
    Jul 29, 2010 @ 06:42
    Wayne

Moving the folder from /App_Data/ClientDependency to /ClientDependency worked for me as well.

It was a clean install.

I am running Windows Server 2008 R2 with sql server 2008

Jul 29, 2010 @ 07:16
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Folker & Wayne. Did a new ClientDependency folder get created in App_Data after you moved the folder?

I'm just asking because I read earlier that just deleting the [your_computername-map.xml] from the ClientDependency folder did the trick for others. So I'm wondering if you move back the folder and just delete the .xml file, would that be enough?

Jul 29, 2010 @ 08:04
    Folkert

Yes, the folder is created, no content inside. Before there was no item in de ClientDependency folder so there was nothing to delete. It was just impossible to write files in the folder.

I've tried to create the .xml file with machine name etc in the folder but had no succes(creating the file locally and uploaded the file in theApp_Data/ClientDependency/ folder)

Jul 29, 2010 @ 08:06
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Hmm, so it looks like ClientDependency is then actually switched off for you. Is there any content in the folder now? I mean, after you moved it to the root?

Jul 29, 2010 @ 08:07
    Folkert

Yes, added screenshot:

I've created the folder with ftp, gave write access to it.

BTW, I changed the path in clientdependency.config:

<add name="CompositeFileProcessor"
               type="ClientDependency.Core.CompositeFiles.Providers.CompositeFileProcessingProvider, ClientDependency.Core"
               enableCssMinify="true"
               enableJsMinify="true"
               persistFiles="true"
               compositeFilePath="~/ClientDependency" />
    Jul 29, 2010 @ 08:14
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Good, good! Great to know, I'll add this to the wiki!

Jul 29, 2010 @ 08:19
    Folkert

For Ducth users: I'm running Umbraco on a shared server from vevida, which is, a very fast and reliable hosting provider. Just about 50 euro/year. No sql server possible, but my Umbraco installion is just running fine on a MySql database(included in contract). sql server possible for extra charges.

• cacooma 7 posts 21 karma points
    Aug 01, 2010 @ 05:56
    cacooma

One solution I found too this is to impersonate the application   <identity impersonate="true"/>

This will run the application under IUSER-xx account and most likely you will be able to continue the installation.

• Lesley 284 posts 143 karma points
    Apr 26, 2012 @ 20:03
    Lesley

Thought I'd post for other people landing here that are still stuck after trying the above. The post by Johan on the following page fixed the client dependency issue for me:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/11051-451-not-installing-properly?p=2

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft