Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Barnhouse 40 posts 63 karma points
    Jul 15, 2010 @ 00:24
    Steve Barnhouse

Can't install Runway on a new 4.5 Umbraco installation.

As soon as I log on as administrator, some bogus Runway templates get automatically created.  These templates each have two Master Language statements and two asp:content statements.  If I physically delete them from the masterpages folder on the file system, they will automatically get created the next time I log in.

If I try to install Runway, I get a warning about template conflicts, and I get a server error saying that An item with the same key has already been added.

If I go ahead and save and publish the Runway content, when I preview it, I get a parser error because there are two Master directives in the template.

If I edit the templates to take out one of the Master directives, and then publish and preview the content, I can see the page, but it is rendered with no markup because there is no CSS.  I guess there is no CSS because the install aborted on the duplicate key error.

I'm stuck.  Can anyone help me install Runway?  

• Steve Barnhouse 40 posts 63 karma points
    Jul 15, 2010 @ 03:06
    Steve Barnhouse

Fixed.

I think it was an issue with the database.  Since I had had some trouble installing Umbraco, and I installed it two or three times, I think the database had some old tables from an earlier install.  

In any case, I deleted the database, created a new one, reinstalled Umbraco, and ... Voila!  Runway installs.

(I wish there was a way to mark my own post as Fixed.)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft