Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Duc Tran 20 posts 41 karma points
    Jan 16, 2014 @ 02:51
    Duc Tran

Value from Split can't be used in if statement

I'm trying ot get a value from a splitted CSV variable and test it against a querystring value but keep getting this error with no description of the error

Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\GalleryXSLT.xslt

Here is the code:

// value from querystring
    <xsl:variable name="selectedTag" select="umbraco.library:RequestQueryString('tag')"/>

//the CSV values in a variable
    <xsl:variable name="items" select="umbraco.library:Split($tagsFromNodes,',')" />  

<xsl:for-each select="$items//value">
        <xsl:if test="$selectedTag=current()">  //IT FAILS HERE
            //Do something
        </xsl:if> 
        <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:Replace(current(),' ',' ')"/>
    </xsl:for-each>

If I reverse the test I get this error

<xsl:if test="current()=$selectedTag">

System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransformException: Attribute and namespace nodes cannot be added to the parent element after a text, comment, pi, or sub-element node has already been added.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

DT

FYI, I'm on Umbraco 7

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 16, 2014 @ 08:07
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Duc,

I just looked at your code. When I try to save your XSLT file in a Umbraco 7 I get this error message.

System.Xml.Xsl.XslLoadException: The variable or parameter 'tagsFromNodes' is either not defined or it is out of scope. An error occurred at d:\web\localuser\dennisaaen.dk\umbraco\xslt\635254561292967509_temp.xslt(22,1).

at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.LoadInternal(Object stylesheet, XsltSettings settings, XmlResolver stylesheetResolver)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.Load(XmlReader stylesheet, XsltSettings settings, XmlResolver stylesheetResolver)
    at umbraco.presentation.webservices.codeEditorSave.SaveXslt(String fileName, String oldName, String fileContents, Boolean ignoreDebugging)

So I think at you are using the $tagsFromNodes variable before you have declared it.

Hope this can help you further.

/Dennis

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 16, 2014 @ 09:08
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Duc,

Could you paste the entire stylesheet - or at least the contents of the <xsl:template> that surrounds your code - the errormessage you're getting is very much depending on the context, so will need to check that for what's going on.

/Chriztian

• Duc Tran 20 posts 41 karma points
    Jan 16, 2014 @ 12:22
    Duc Tran

Thanks for the reply. After copying the code here to share, I checked it again and then realised it was a coding error.

My question is no longer valid.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft