Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott 69 posts 146 karma points
    Aug 08, 2013 @ 17:59
    Scott

Read the results of a macro into an asp variable

I'm using xslt to create a navigation on my site based off items in my content tree. My website is physically distributed with the umbraco portion handling authentication and some other functions, and then access to some other applications are grafted together with mod_proxy, with a shared session database for passing things around. I was wondering if there was a way that I could capture the output of my xslt that generates my navigation menu so that I could persist it to my session, and then display the same menu on my non-umbraco application.  Basically looking to see if there is a way that some code in my umbraco templates could be used to call the navigation menu macro and get its results.  But I didn't know if this was matter of the asp.net code in the template running before the macro could be run therefore not making it possible to capture the results of the macro.

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 08, 2013 @ 18:39
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Scooter,

You should be able to use the umbraco.library:RenderMacroContent() function to do that - it has a pretty arcane syntax for specifying the macro, and you need to specify a currentPage id but I guess it's possible.

/Chriztian

• Scott 69 posts 146 karma points
    Aug 08, 2013 @ 22:27
    Scott

Just what I needed. Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft