Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ian Smedley 97 posts 192 karma points
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 16:20
    Ian Smedley

EXSLT Missing?

Hi Guys,

I've just spent some time trying to upgrade a rather large site from Umbraco 4.0.4 to Umbraco 4.11.4 - this hasn't been without difficulty - but now I'm stumped...

Any Macro (and there are a few) which uses the exslt librarys (mainly Exslt.ExsltStrings:replace to be fair) just doesn't work....

I get this error:

Cannot find a script or an extension object associated with namespace 'urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings'.

I've looked in the "insert value" where you can choose "Get Extension" I can see umbraco.library and I can see my two custom DLLs - but ALL of the Exslt libraries have vanished - I can see them in the umbraco.dll file when I use Telerik's Just Decompile ( a free reflector)

What I am I missing? 

There's no need (or there hasn't ever been a need) to add this to the xsltExtensions.config file....

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 16:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ian

How did you do the upgrade?

Did you remember to merge the config files in the /config folder?

What does your xsltExtensions.config file from that folder look like? I suppose the error might have to do with the references in here missing perhaps.

/Jan

• Ian Smedley 97 posts 192 karma points
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 16:47
    Ian Smedley

I haven't merged all the config files yet (e.g. the load balancing config - namely because I'm not at that point) I have copied the xsltExtensions.config file across - it references my two custom DLLs - I've checked other installs (4.7.x) none of them have references to exslt - and neither did this site beforehand...

However - checking what comes in with 4.11.4 - it looks as though all the Exslt files ARE now referenced (even though they never were in past versions!!)

I had just copied it across - I'd even checked other sites - but I'd never checked to see if the out-of-the-box file had changed!

Thanks Jan, sometimes you just need to take a step back! Cheers!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 16:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ian

Happy to be at your service :)

/Jan

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Jun 24, 2013 @ 17:26
    Jonas Eriksson

Same here, I had to add these, never had them before: 

<ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltCommon" alias="Exslt.ExsltCommon" />

<ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" alias="Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" />

<ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltMath" alias="Exslt.ExsltMath" />

<ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" alias="Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" />

<ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltStrings" alias="Exslt.ExsltStrings" />

<ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltSets" alias="Exslt.ExsltSets" />

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jun 24, 2013 @ 17:56
    Lee Kelleher

Prior to Umbraco 4.9 the EXSLT references used to be automatically referenced by the XSLT processor.  Reasons for moving them back to the config are over on the issue tracker: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-86

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft