Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt 19 posts 49 karma points
    Jun 26, 2012 @ 16:20
    Matt

Understanding somethign I found on an inherited site

I have an umbraco site that I have inherited. The original developer has long since gone.

I am trying to udnerstand / improve te site slowly. recently I came across a table that appeares to contain a uri and an id. the uri, when pasted into the address bar barfs, complaining about xpath, which is why I am hoping this is the best place for this question.

/foo/customer_data/2010/companyName/yes/(companyNodeId)/14241

It actually turns out that the data I am looking for is stored as htm fragments identified by the file index, so the URi has no impact at all. So my question is;

1) Is this an umbraco style uri.
    and if it is;
    2) where will I find the xslt that is used to parse it (or likely places to look as I appreciate it might not be standard)
    3) How can I see if this is a failed attempt at importing the data from files to the database, or if the code is actually doing somethign behind the scenes?

• Jan-Willem de Bruyn 17 posts 38 karma points
    Jun 27, 2012 @ 11:59
    Jan-Willem de Bruyn

This looks like an export from the database, Maybe something like node: foo, type:customer_data and then the data for that node... 2010/companyName/yes/(companyNodeId)/14241 , I don't think umbraco can do anything with it because you will need the name/alias for that data (if it is correct what I think it is...)

Hope it helps, Jan-Willem

• Matt 19 posts 49 karma points
    Jul 03, 2012 @ 17:01
    Matt

Ok, thanks.

It looks like it is a hang over from another cms system (a PHP based one). It was all imported to umbraco for some reason no one can quite remember.

At least I know thats somethign I can play about with and alter then.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft