Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Giovanni Sidoel 94 posts 233 karma points
    May 16, 2012 @ 18:18
    Giovanni Sidoel

Is it possible to retrieve the destination node when redirected to Login using XSLT

Hi guys,

I'm currently creatin a news site that requires membership. I'm using out-of-the-box umbraco membership. What I want to do is: when you navigate to the newsitem, instead of only seeing the login form (standard asp:Login), I want to also include part of the page. Say a picture and som intro text.

The problem is that when you get redirected to the Login page I don't have any information (nodeId and such) on the page that I'm trying to view to get that information.

Can I, using xslt, somehow retrive the nodeId of the page that I was trying to view?

Thanks.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    May 16, 2012 @ 22:19
    Jeroen Breuer

If you use uComponents there is an extension called GetNodeByUrl. You could try to call that as an XSLT extension and pass in the url if it's in the querystring. Otherwise I don't know how to do it.

Jeroen

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 16, 2012 @ 22:42
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Giovanni,

On a site I'm currently building, I'm using the Single Password security — when I try to access a protected page, the browser stays on the requested URL, but Umbraco renders the selected Login page; So as Jeroen suggests, it should be possible to grab the URL from the headers (e.g.: umbraco.library:RequestServerVariables('URL') and pass that to the uComponents extension...

Does that make sense?

/Chriztian

• Giovanni Sidoel 94 posts 233 karma points
    May 17, 2012 @ 13:09
    Giovanni Sidoel

GENIUS! PURE GENIUS!

Thanks a lot for the tip guys. To be honest, I had already given up and started passing the nodeId as a querystring parameter, which was just an ugly way of doing it.
    Great community we have.
    Yet another great solution provided by uComponents.

Cheers!

Gio 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft