Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tizer 170 posts 201 karma points
    Dec 02, 2011 @ 09:09
    Tizer

System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.

I'm getting this error when saving this problem xslt file (I couldn't get it to format - so linked to it)

Error occured

System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
    at System.Convert.ToInt32(Double value)
    at System.Double.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider)
    at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.Runtime.XmlQueryRuntime.ChangeTypeXsltArgument(XmlQueryType xmlType, Object value, Type destinationType)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.Runtime.XmlQueryContext.InvokeXsltLateBoundFunction(String name, String namespaceUri, IList`1[] args)
    at (XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime)
    at Root(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime)
    at Execute(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(Object defaultDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlSequenceWriter results)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(Object defaultDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter writer, Boolean closeWriter)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(IXPathNavigable contextDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter results)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(IXPathNavigable contextDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, TextWriter results)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.Transform(IXPathNavigable input, XsltArgumentList arguments, TextWriter results)
    at umbraco.presentation.webservices.codeEditorSave.SaveXslt(String fileName, String oldName, String fileContents, Boolean ignoreDebugging)

It wasn't happening previously to this, and the only thing I have done is add an li to another xslt file.

I did a debug using umbraco?umbDebugShowTrace=true - and nothing showed up in red, and when I looked through - data was showing for the xslt file...

Any help would be most appreciated :)

Dec 02, 2011 @ 12:43
    Tizer

OK - I'm still stuck with this, but I 'think' it related to the variables I am using here

<xsl:variable name="FooterRightTitle"><xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:GetPreValueAsString($currentPage/ancestor-or-self::node[@nodeName='Home']/data[@alias='FooterRightTitle'])"/></xsl:variable> 

<xsl:variable name="FooterRightClass">
    <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="$FooterRightTitle='Latest News'">latestNews</xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>Fcompetitions</xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
    </xsl:variable>

<xsl:variable name="FooterRightH3Tag">
    <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="$FooterRightTitle='Latest News'">The Latest News</xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>Competition</xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
    </xsl:variable>

And the solution lies with doing a test like this

<xsl:if test="$rootFolderId != ''">
    code goes here
    </xsl:if>

But I have no clue where to put the 'if tests'.... do I wrap the whole code block in 3 if tests? If so in what order?

Sorry - xslt newbide/dummy

Dec 02, 2011 @ 13:57
    Tizer

Ok - fixed - nothing to do with the xslt (blush) - it was a media picker Datatype which was selecting an unpublished node.

But - I thought I had this covered with this code:

<xsl:if test="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::node/data[@alias = 'quicklink3'] != ''">
    <xsl:variable name="quicklink3" select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::node/data[@alias = 'quicklink3']" />
    <li>
    <a href="{umbraco.library:NiceUrl($currentPage/ancestor-or-self::node/descendant-or-self::node[@id = $quicklink3]/@id)}">
    <xsl:value-of select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::node/descendant-or-self::node[@id = $quicklink3]/data[@alias = 'pageTitle']" />
    </a>
    </li>
    </xsl:if>

I want these to test to see if there is a value - if there is, then output the <li>, if not, then so nothing... should I be using xsl:when and xsl:otherwise here?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft