Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• D-au 26 posts 76 karma points
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 07:49
    D-au

Tricks to getting 2nd level navigation into 1st level Link to document

Hi I was able to do this automatically every time I had created a website from scratch.

However, it things turn out differently once I had to edit a client existing umbraco driven website.

His original structure was:

Content

-Home

-Aboutus

-Contact us

-Sitemap

-etc2

Which obviously linked perfectly as Home page would link to document "/home.aspx" however the default sitemap function would not work using this node structure, not to mention breadcrumb. 

However my intended approach was:

Content

-Website

-Home

-Aboutus

-Contact us

-Sitemap

-etc2

This allows me to create better sitemap and other functionality. However this does not work at the moment because of the fact that it produce slightly complex url e.g. Home link to document was always seems to render as "website/home.aspx". What might be needed to fix this into just "/home.aspx". I've tried implementing solutions from other posts but still no luck, anyone got better idea on making this work?

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 07:57
    Rodion Novoselov

Hi. What is their "umbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath" setting in the web.config file? It looks like it's set to "false" contrary to the default "true" value and it makes the top "Website" node appear in a resulting URL.

• D-au 26 posts 76 karma points
    Nov 24, 2011 @ 04:50
    D-au

Thats a win for me Thankss Rodion

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft