Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sergio Nunes 15 posts 36 karma points
    Sep 28, 2011 @ 19:52
    Sergio Nunes

geting erro when creating XSLT node

Hi,

I've been receinvng the following message when creating a new xslt at the developer's section. I've not been able to run any other xslt either (my web site crashes). eg. (Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\edSlider.xslt).

PS: upgraded from 4.7.0 to 4.7.1

Error occured

System.Exception: Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'. Exceptions were thrown:
    System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. 
    at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Assembly assembly, Type attribute) 
    at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Type attribute) 
    at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl() 
    at umbraco.macro.b__4() 
    at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem) 
    at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions() 
    at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions() 
    at umbraco.presentation.webservices.codeEditorSave.SaveXslt(String fileName, String oldName, String fileContents, Boolean ignoreDebugging)

Any ideas ?

Sergio Nunes

• sudesh 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 13, 2011 @ 22:33
    sudesh

No ideas - but am getting the same error on version 4.6.2.

It works fine on my dev machine running Win 7 x86 with SQLCE4. However the issue is in my hosted environment running w2008 x64 using SQL 2005. Not sure if there is a conflict with the "System.Data.SqlServerCe" Dll file.

Let me know if you have managed to resolve.

Thanks.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 13, 2011 @ 22:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi guys

Is it all the xslt files that is rendered with the xslt rendering error?

It could be a reference in the xsltExtensions.config, which is not found in the bin folder that could be the cause of the mess.

Otherwise please provide more information about where and when stuff is failing.

/Jan

Oct 16, 2011 @ 18:36
    Sergio Nunes

Sudesh,

I got it!

Paul Sterling gave me a clue. I just delete those assemblies files (SqlCE) at Bin's folder and everything runs smoothly now. It looks like something in the  .config files for SqlCE was messing it up as Jan suggest above. It must be a problem for those using SqlCE. 

Thank you guys, and I hope it helps somebody else.

Sergio Nunes

Oct 16, 2011 @ 18:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sergio

Great to hear you got it solved. Will definently help others at some point :)

/Jan

• Kevin Page 15 posts 35 karma points
    Feb 01, 2012 @ 22:12
    Kevin Page

Hi guys,

I know this is an old post,  but could someone confirm exactly what you did to fix this as I'm getting the same error even though I'm not actually using SQLCE !

Many Thanks

Kevin

Feb 01, 2012 @ 22:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kevin

What version of Umbraco are you using?

Try removing System.Data.SqlServerCE.dll and System.Data.SqlServerCe.Entity.dll from the bin folder to see if that makes any difference for you. I think that is what Sergio might have done.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Feb 03, 2012 @ 22:47
    Kevin Page

Hi Jan,

I was initially using 4.6, but upgraded to 4.7.1.1 as the hosting company (Pipeten) only provide medium trust environments (They tell me that full trust will be available in a couple of weeks).

I had also found that my database was a bit of a mess after I migrated it as I'd used the SQL Server Import/Export tools which didn't carry across the Identity column information among other things :(

Fixed THAT problem, but am still getting an error when trying to run or create XSLT scripts.

I've deleted all the SQLCE*.dll files from the bin/x86 and bin/amd directories, but get a permission denied when trying to delete the SQLServerCD.dll from the /bin directory itself. Guess I'll have to ask the hosting company to remove that one !

I'll let you know how it goes . . .

Cheers

Kevin

Feb 03, 2012 @ 22:51
    Kevin Page

My last post should have read SQLCE4Umbraco.dll in the /bin directory, but anyway, I got rid of it, but am still getting this :-

Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'. Exceptions were thrown:
    System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Really stuck and I'm supposed to have this working for a school on Monday :(

Think I might have a look to see if I can quickly learn Razor and rewrite everything in that over the weekend - Who needs sleep anyway !

K

Feb 06, 2012 @ 13:06
    Sergio Nunes

For me, it was just a matter of upgrade to 4.7.1 and delete those SQLSERVERCE*.DLL from bin's folder and everything works just fine. It might be somenthing related to permission as well, but from the message above it looks like you still have some SqlCE*.dll somewhere that's causing the problem.

Let us know if you find the solution

Sergio Nunes

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft