Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• arvind 18 posts 38 karma points
    Sep 22, 2011 @ 15:31
    arvind

Drop Down menu coming behind the embeded Video

Hi Guys,

I used  one  Java script  Drop down menu  and Now its coming behuid the video, On Internet I have serached alot  every where  i got  wmode = "transparent", I tried alot  to put in Object  but Unfortunatelly  It did't  work. I used  Video package  for the embeded video named "Designit_VideoEmbed_1.1.0". Please  give your  valuable
    , solution to sorted out this problem

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Sep 22, 2011 @ 15:33
    Rich Green

Not sure this is anything to do with Umbraco ;) but I think you need to adjust your z-index.

Rich

• Bas Schouten 135 posts 233 karma points
    Sep 22, 2011 @ 15:46
    Bas Schouten

Hy Arvind,

To avoid this problem you have to add "wmode" to the video.

Should look something like this:

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

Cheers,

Bas

• arvind 18 posts 38 karma points
    Sep 23, 2011 @ 07:28
    arvind

thanks   for  your  time  but unfortunatelly for  Video  we have used package, thats why  we can't change  its XSLT or Js file  but in HTML Mode  of the page , I  have added <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />  many times  but  it did't work, when i used to add "<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />" then everytime  On Publish  it deletes automatically.

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 23, 2011 @ 09:09
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi arvind,

I just checked the source code for the package - looks like the XSLT just delegates to an extension for the rendering the HTML, which makes it pretty hard to add the wmode parameter - unless you know how to build a new version...

Theoretically, you should be able to take the output from the extension function and do a Replace() to insert the wmode <param> where it needs to be...

That said, I'd probably look for another video-embedding package - prefereably one that lets you modify the markup generated.

/Chriztian 

• praveity 100 posts 125 karma points
    Sep 23, 2011 @ 10:51
    praveity

Are you trying to place the video from the RTE control?

If yes,, then the tinymce.config files makes adjust which won't allow to have some tags. You need to check the /config/tinymce.config file and then edit some text over there.

Most probably line 231: just modify the "param" part.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft