Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 430 posts 1023 karma points
    Jun 30, 2011 @ 16:37
    Ayo Adesina

Error parsing XSLT ALL files - Ironicly I have seen this error on this site!

I am new to Umbraco infact only a few days new to it...but so far I think its great (wish it was MVC though)

Any way this is the first real error I have come across and I am told this is the best place to get help.

Problem:

This Error is apparing where my image should be.

Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\Image.xslt

This is happening for all the xslts I have on the site

Background:

This was working fine, then I installed this package: RVContactForm - Multilingual AJAX Contact Form

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/rvcontactform-multilingual-ajax-contact-form

Followed the intructions to make a contact form.

Published....then went to the contact page where I should see the form and I get

Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\RVContactForm.xslt

At first I thought it was just something to do with the form, but the same error now happens on my homepage :-S

So I unistalled the package, but the problem still persists.

After doing a umbdebugshowtrace=true

I get this

Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Core, Version=1.1.0.29822, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exceptions were thrown:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.References, Version=1.0.10920.32880, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.References, Version=1.0.10920.32880, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Core, Version=1.1.0.29822, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exceptions were thrown:
    at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Assembly assembly, Type attribute)
    at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Type attribute)
    at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl()
    at umbraco.macro.<GetXsltExtensions>b__4()
    at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem)
    at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions()
    at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions()
    at umbraco.macro.GetXsltTransformResult(XmlDocument macroXML, XslCompiledTransform xslt, Dictionary`2 parameters)
    at umbraco.macro.loadMacroXSLT(macro macro, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements)

I have looked in the bin dir and I do have the file Umbraco.Forms.Core

One other thing that might be worth mentioning is that before I installed this package, I installed the Contour - Flawless forms pakage recommended by umbraco, but then I realised it was 99euro so I uninstalled it thinking this may be part of the reason I am getting this error.

The funny thing is when posting this, I clicked back on my browser and saw the exact same error on this site....lol

Screenshot: http://imagebin.org/160752

So as any one got any ideas of how I can fix this?

Please take a look at the site www.asorockfood.com debug mode is currently on.

• Sean Mooney 131 posts 158 karma points c-trib
    Jun 30, 2011 @ 17:16
    Sean Mooney

I would take a look at the /config/xsltExtensions.config and make sure that any new entries don't have the /bin at the beginning of the assembly attribute

Correct:

<ext assembly="/umbraco.editorControls" type="umbraco.editorControls.tags.library" alias="tagsLib" />

Incorrect:

<ext assembly="/bin/umbraco.editorControls" type="umbraco.editorControls.tags.library" alias="tagsLib" />

Jun 30, 2011 @ 17:22
    Ayo Adesina

I checked in that file nothing in there to check really this is the content

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <XsltExtensions>
      <!--
      This file is used to register 3rt party xslt extensions (methods you can execute from xslt, like umbraco.library:NiceUrl)
     <ext assembly="assemblyName" type="assemblyName.namespace.type" alias="custom">
      -->
    </XsltExtensions>

• Sean Mooney 131 posts 158 karma points c-trib
    Jun 30, 2011 @ 17:27
    Sean Mooney

Did you check the config file on the server?

It looks like that package adds an xslt extension on installation.

Jun 30, 2011 @ 18:06
    Ayo Adesina

OK i sorted out the problem...

Basicly I had another umbrco instalation on another site so I looks in side the /config/xsltExtensions.config file to see what was in that one, and it had

So I copied that to my server and it still didn't work, so I thought contour may be the issue as the assembly it was looking for seems to be associated with that.

So I reinstalled it and......my xslt errors are gone.

What I think has happened is for some reason contour was not unistalled fully and this was causing errors, the thing is I am not even using it but i have to keep it installed on this instalation becuase if I uninstall it....I get xslt errors... not sure why....

but thats the way I fixed it...hopefully another dev will find this post one day and say thank God...

Thanks a lot Sean for your help,  I'm outa here.

ps.very annoying that now I have to keep a package I am not using installed, especially as its one of the umbrco pro ones....emmmmmmmmm and i thought I had found the cms holly grail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft