Touhid

show department students when select an department using dropdownlist

Hi,

Suppose i have following departments:

-EEE

-CSE

-ME

-TE etc

now i want to a dropdown which contain these departments and  display department students , when one department  is selected from dropdown list.

pls pls help me as soon as possible by easily.

Touhid

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Dec 15, 2010 @ 00:45
    Sascha Wolter

Hi Touhid,

the (for me) easiest scenario that pops into my mind is this:

- write a .Net control that reads out the department nodes and populates a dropdown list with it

- either load in the first department on start (and show the students for that department) or start on a default entry (so the user has to select one department first)

- hook up a postback event to the dropdown

- when it fires, get the selected department form the dropdown, retrieve the list of students for that department from Umbraco and display them

Of course there are nicer AJAX versions etc. for that, but the above will fit your requirements.

Cheers, Sascha

• Harm-Jan Abbing 62 posts 102 karma points
    Dec 16, 2010 @ 12:19
    Harm-Jan Abbing

Similar to Sasha's solution: you could create the dropdownlist with an xslt loop and with javascript/jquery hookup the onchange event to either a function that shows the corresponding information already on the page (if it's not to much data you can load everything and hide it) or do an ajax call to a page that takes a node id en returns the data.

Cheers, Harm

• Touhid 97 posts 117 karma points
    Dec 21, 2010 @ 10:17
    Touhid

hi, thnks for reply. can you help me in details with xslt and javascript code pls.

touhid

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft