Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• wavydavy 46 posts 20 karma points
    Mar 25, 2009 @ 10:27
    wavydavy

Custom Subdirectory listings in Umbraco for SEO

I am not sure if this is in the right spot, mod's, please move it if it isn't.

I want to be able to create custom domain urls in Umbraco something along the lines of this;

www.americancandy.com/chocolate/hersheys.aspx

With basic html or PHP I would just create a folder called chocolate and put my php or html page inside of it to get this url.

How would I do this with umbraco?

Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question, havent had much chance to play around with a live umbraco site yet to see if this is possible.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Mar 25, 2009 @ 11:10
    Dirk De Grave

Hi,

In umbraco, you could add an extra 'umbracoUrlAlias' property for a document type (and therefore for all docs based on that document type) and set its value to chocolate/hersheys (No leading slash and no .aspx extension) and document will become available from /chocolate/hersheys.aspx as well.

More info on 'umbracoUrlAlias' can be found at http://www.netaddicts.be/blog/2009/3/8/umbraco-quick-tip-1-umbracourlalias-and-specifying-complete-new-path.aspx

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    /Dirk

• wavydavy 46 posts 20 karma points
    Mar 25, 2009 @ 13:13
    wavydavy

Thanks for the info, that was an enormous help.

Bit of a long shot but can you do the same thing with umbraco's BlogForUmbraco4 package?

Or better still is the blog you use on your website available as a developers package?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft