Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Benm 12 posts 32 karma points
    Nov 17, 2010 @ 20:47
    Benm

Intermittent "Error parsing XSLT file" error only fixed by re-upload of XSLT extensions DLL

I am one of the developers of sc2builds.com and we are having a very frustrating problem that I hope someone here can help us with.  We have searched the forums but not found anyone with a problem quite like this.

Our website contains several XSLT macros and a few user controls and everything works great.  However, twice a day, the website will suddenly display "Error parsing XSLT file" in place of most (but not all) XSLT macros site-wide.  In order to fix the errors, we simply re-upload the DLL file containing the XSLT extensions.  After we do this, the site takes about 2 minutes to refresh (re-starting the app?) and then it is fixed.  It seems as if something crashes the XSLT engine or something.

When the site is in the errored state, using "?umbdebugshowtrace=true" does not really help, because each time we refresh, it complains about a different XSLT extension method!

Has anyone ever experienced something similar?

• Sean Mooney 131 posts 158 karma points c-trib
    Nov 17, 2010 @ 21:20
    Sean Mooney

Have you looked at the umbraco log to find out what the underlying problem is?

You can either check the umbraco log table directly our install FALM Housekeeping (http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/falm-housekeeping) this will give you a better idea of what is happening.

I don't think that it is specifically the DLL file that is the problem, uploading any DLL in the /bin directory will cause the app pool to reset. The same thing could be accompolished by re-uploading the web.config file.

But definitely check the log file it should give you a better idea of what is going on.

-Sean

Nov 17, 2010 @ 22:01
    Benm

Thanks for the tip... FALM Housekeeping is excellent.

Our logs were flooded with the following two errors:

[UmbracoExamine] Cannot index queue items, another indexing operation is currently in progress

and

[UmbracoExamine] Error deleting Lucene index,Lock obtain timed out:

We'll try disabling UmbracoExamine temporarily and see if that clears up the problem.  I guess there's a possibility that it managed to just crash the XSLT interpreter?  There are no other errors around the time of the XSLT crash.

Nov 18, 2010 @ 05:51
    Benm

After disabling UmbracoExamine, our logs are now free of errors, however the XSLT error came back.

Does anyone have a clue as to what could possibly cause this to happen?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft