Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Corey Rutledge 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 04, 2014 @ 14:12
    Corey Rutledge

BLOG FEED DOWN IN PRODUCTION - All uBlogsy cshtml files have ceased working in v 4.11.4

• This seems to be UI-related at a glance, so this has been posted in the UI category as well.  Looking at the templates, however, we see the Umbraco macro are in the razor language, which is why this is now here.

Corey Rutledge started this topic 11 hours ago

This issue affects a production site and is rather severe.  It seems the blog feed will no longer work due to an error  loading MacroEngine script (file:/uBlogsy/WHATEVERCSHTML.cshtml).

More specifically, where the blog content once came up, we now see the following:

Error loading MacroEngine script (file: /uBlogsy/uBlogsyListPosts.cshtml)

And to the side of that, underneath a piece of block content:

Error loading MacroEngine script (file: /uBlogsy/uBlogsyListTags.cshtml) Error loading MacroEngine script (file: /uBlogsy/uBlogsyListPostArchive.cshtml)

----

I finally recreated this problem in dev, however, am unable to resolve it now that I successfully “broke” the feed.  The issue just seemed to show up in production, and the error log files don’t seem to tell me much.  Working in IIS 7, I stopped the site + app pool, went into App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes  and deleted the contents, then restarted the app pool + site, however, this did nothing to fix the problem.

Attempting to recreate the issue in dev, I cut the contents of macroScripts\uBlogsy, and pasted them in a temp folder, and indeed saw pretty much the same types of errors come up in dev.  I then placed the contents (specifically, all the .cshtml files) back in macroScripts\uBlogsy and the blog came back up with no errors… at least not at first.  So, I repeated the previous step to spend more time debugging, but this time left the .cshtml files in the temp folder (with the macroscripts\uBlogsy folder empty) for over 30 minutes to spend some quality time in the hopes of understanding why the MacroEngine scripts were failing…  Unfortunately, this got me essentially nowhere, so I put the .cshtml files back once again, however, this time the blog + feed wouldn’t come back up in dev either, and have been down ever since!  Are there some stale or otherwise abberent .dll files that may come into play here?

PLEASE ADVISE – ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME & APPRECIATED!

• Post a reply

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft