Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Girish Khadse 52 posts 132 karma points
    Apr 09, 2013 @ 10:48
    Girish Khadse

How to work with multiple partial views in single parent template at once?

Hi..

I need to design one form in which I need to have multiple sections in it. And I need to update them seperately.

for ex.

I am preparing a employee information form, which have multiple sections in it like -
    1. Personal Information        
    2. Eduacational information
    3. experience details.

Requiements:
    1. Now when I first come to the page all the information will be in readonly mode. (Information will be filled through some other page). And each section will have 'Edit' button in it.
    2. On click of 'Edit' button, I need to render 'Editable view' of that particular section. Editable view will have submit button in it.
    3. On click of submit The section information should be saved.
    4. If there are validation errors, while saving section, the form should be shown again with validation errors. And the section which was being saved, should be shown in the editable form again.
    5. There is also condition that if multiple sections are in editable mode, and I click save of one of those then only that section should be saved, not interfering with other sections state. That means if other sections were in editable mode then they should be in editable mode after save call back.
    6. If possible I would love to use ajax for the operations.

Implementation so far :
    1. I have created surface controller which has get and update action for each of the section.
    2. I have created partial views for each of the section.
    3. Parent template renders all the partial views using get Action for partial views as I need to fetch some data of employee.
    4. Readonly mode to edit mode switching is done with jquery.
    5. My each editable section is a umbraco form in partial view, which post to save action after clicking on save button (type = submit).

Problems:
    1. I am not getting how should I maintain state of other editable sections, as when I will save one section, I am redirecting to currentUmbracoPage or in case of errors returning currentUmbracoPage.
    2. Ajax.BeginForm gave me some errors. Some examples on it with umbraco will be of great help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft