Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Bliss 176 posts 234 karma points c-trib
    Feb 22, 2012 @ 14:31
    Matt Bliss

There is no Lucene index in the folder:...

I've created a copy of an Umbraco 4.7.1 site on another server, and everything is working correctly except a few razor scripts which give the following error:

There is no Lucene index in the folder: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SiteName\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\Internal\Index to create an IndexSearcher on

The strange thing is that the Internal\Index folder does not exisit in the original site either.

What would be the cause?

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 22, 2012 @ 14:41
    Dan Diplo

Could be a permissions thing? You could try publishing a page as this should kick-off the Examine indexer.

For diagnostics, try checking the umbracoLog table in the DB (or install a log viewer). There may be something under "errors".

Feb 22, 2012 @ 15:07
    Matt Bliss

Thanks Dan,

I had tried replublishing and the Log doesn't really add anything extra:

[UmbracoExamine] Error indexing queue items,Could not find file 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SiteName\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\Internal\Index\segments_9xy'., IndexSet: InternalIndexSet

Matt

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 30, 2012 @ 15:48
    Damiaan

Hi

Have you selved this?  I het the same issue in webmatrix while developing...

Kind regards

• Craig100 1136 posts 2522 karma points c-trib
    Jun 11, 2012 @ 21:01
    Craig100

I have exactly the same problem. Have just FTP'd a whole site up from my dev box to a W2K8 server. Set the permissions on the App_Data folder, the site appears, but "most" of the scripts aren't working. ?umbDebugShowTrace indicates-

Error Loading Razor Script (file: Main Navigation) There is no Lucene index in the folder: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sitetest\htdocs\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\Internal\Index to create an IndexSearcher on ...Any clue would be greatly appreciated as am trying to get this test up for the client tonight!  

Deployment, Sheesh!

Craig

Jun 11, 2012 @ 23:37
    Dan Diplo

You could try installing http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/examine-dashboard and use that to kick of a re-index. But I'd also check the UmbracoLog table for any errors.

Jun 12, 2012 @ 11:44
    Matt Bliss

Hi Craig,

From memory I think I renamed the App_Data folder (gives an easier return route than a delete) created a new one and gave it the right permissions, then restarted the App pool. Not 100% sure though - it was a little while ago now.

Thanks,
    Matt 

Update:

See Dan's comment on next page. I would mark this as the answer now if I could.

Jun 12, 2012 @ 11:58
    Craig100

Installed the examine dashboard which promtly broke the whole developer section!  The top level node in the dev section gives a YSOD. Removed the examine dashboard and it returned to normal.  I'll have to think again.

Jun 12, 2012 @ 15:04
    Dan Diplo

Sorry bout the examine dashboard problem - it's not my project, but I'm guessing that if Examine is completely broke then it breaks the package too. Can't really think of any other suggestions :(  There are a couple of .config files for examine in the /config folder - worth a look? Another option would be to try re-installing Umbraco (ie. copying over dlls and /Umbraco/ and /Umbraco_Client/ folders from a downloaded version). But make a back-up :)

Jun 12, 2012 @ 22:47
    Craig100

I have this site built with Webmatrix using a SQL CE DB which runs on my main PC and my Laptop with no problems.  I copy the whole file set to an application directory on a Windows 2008 server and nothing works. I select the parent directory and set the file permissions for IIS_IUSRS to "Full Control" and the site then runs, but certain macros, not all, won't run and I get the No Lucene Index error.

I'm going to CodeGarden12 tomorrow, I'll try to get some help at a "Hands on" session.  Umbraco's great but it's deployment does my head in.

Jun 20, 2012 @ 18:53
    Craig100

The answer turned out to be to delete nearly everything in the App_Data folder as it get recreated on the fly with instance specific versions. Left the database in;)

Hope this helps someone.

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Feb 23, 2013 @ 21:59
    Eric Schrepel

Craig, I have the same "missing ExamineInternalIndex file..." YSOD that keeps the Developer tab from opening, which means I can't access my Examine Dashboard / Examine Index tabs to restart the indexes.

Are you saying that deleting the App_Data folder will help that? I'm reluctant to do so as we just released our Umbraco site live yesterday, and now this is happening, so I don't want to do anything drastic.

Or is there another way to restart Lucene indexing?

Feb 23, 2013 @ 22:02
    Dan Diplo

Don't delete the entire App_Data folder. Instead, go into it and then into the TEMP/ExamineIndexes folder and you can delete the contents inside the folders you find there. (But leave the actual folders). Once you've deleted, publish any page to kick-off reindexing.

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Feb 23, 2013 @ 22:10
    Eric Schrepel

Thanks, I deleted items from /temp/examineindexes/index, restarted IIS, then published a node and the indexes appear to have rebuilt nicely.

• ID 27 posts 128 karma points
    Feb 27, 2013 @ 16:07
    ID

Thanx Crag100,

I was having the same problem. For me it occured when i was removing a member (The failure popped up on the right bottom from the member section).

More in detail, I only removed the TEMP folder, after a YSOD (Values cannot be returned until Resolution is frozen) and F5 it was recreated and the problem was solved!

My configure:

• Umbraco 6.0.0.0 (Mvc)
    • MSSQL 2012
    • Ussing Webmatrix (with manually config)
    EDIT: hmm.. just readed the other comments on page 2 ;-) well.. Seems only ExamineIndexes needs to be removed. But for me the entire TEMP folder remove action did the trick already.. 
  • giuseppe 9 posts 66 karma points
    May 15, 2013 @ 17:34
    giuseppe
    Thanks a lot,

I had the same problem. These are steps I performed:
    - deleted all files in /temp/examineindexes/index;
    - restarted the site.

Simple... now...
  • Jacob 41 posts 90 karma points
    Jan 27, 2014 @ 14:51
    Jacob

@Dan and others,

Thanks for the suggestion.  It worked for me!

• Anthony Dang 1404 posts 2558 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Oct 07, 2014 @ 11:00
    Anthony Dang

I just had this same issue on Umb 7.

A few app restarts and clicks of the reindexing solved the problem. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft