Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John 88 posts 112 karma points
    Feb 15, 2012 @ 05:07
    John

Intermittent 'Error Loading Razor Script'

Hi, our site experiences intermittent "error loading razor script" errors. This happens to different razor scripts at different times and isn't really replicateable. The macro's are generally cached and removing the cache and refreshing the page, the macro renders correctly (re-adding the cache and refreshing the page returns the error message, I assume because it's saved into the cache. once the cache has expired it's fine again).

Any thoughts on potential issues? Or is this just buggy with Umbraco 4.7.0?

IIS7 / Umbraco 4.7.0

Cheers

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 19, 2012 @ 15:32
    Jeavon Leopold

I've just started seeing this also on 4.7.1 install, wondering if it is related to http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/8584-Severe-Issue-with-macro-caching-under-heavy-load but not sure. I will try to upgrade to 4.7.1.1 and see if it continues.

Feb 21, 2012 @ 13:02
    Jeavon Leopold

So far having upgraded to 4.7.1.1 I have not seen this issue yet.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Apr 18, 2012 @ 14:55
    Dan Diplo

I've just seen this problem in a site that was upgraded to 4.7.1.1 - so not sure if it is totally fixed. The only difference is that republishing the site (or individual pages) did not fix it - I had to "touch" web.config to restart the entire application.

Apr 18, 2012 @ 15:03
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Dan,

Is your site under heavy load when this is happening or does it happy all the time?

Regards,

Jeavon

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Apr 18, 2012 @ 15:05
    Dan Diplo

It happens rarely, but the site is fairly high-profile (being part of an international media organisation) so I wouldn't be surprised if it was under high load - but I don't (as yet) have any server stats to back this up. I believe it's related to this thread: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/8584-Severe-Issue-with-macro-caching-under-heavy-load?p=8

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft