Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kresten Banke 36 posts 56 karma points
    May 31, 2010 @ 23:14
    Kresten Banke

Ajax UpdatePanel and JS

Hi all,

In a usercontrol I use an ajax UpdatePanel, but when deploying it to the server (Umbraco), the UpdatePanel does not work.

I don't get a "missing tag" or any other asp.net error, it simply doesn't do anything. Do I need to do something to make it work with Umbraco, or should I do a workaround and use something other than the UpdatePanel? -And if so, what can I use? Any of the controls in the ControlToolKit?

Kind regards

Kresten

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Jun 01, 2010 @ 15:40
    Aaron Powell

Are you using .NET 2.0 AJAX or .NET 3.5 AJAX? Umbraco 4.0 is compiled against .NET 2.0 so it uses the ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 framework. If you're targeting the wrong one you would be likely to receive problems.

Is anything being rendered out (any HTML) where the content is meant to be?

Jun 01, 2010 @ 17:31
    Kresten Banke

Hi Slace - thanks for the beat-up in soccer today.. :-)

I'm using 3.5, but with the latest web.config compatible for 3.5.

I can see all of the content within the updatePanel, but when firering the js submit, nothing happens...

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Jun 02, 2010 @ 03:26
    Aaron Powell

Are you receiving and JavaScript errors? You'll need to use Firebug/ Chrome Dev Tools/ IE Dev Tools to see it (IE is my pref as it can break-on-error).

Jun 02, 2010 @ 12:21
    Kresten Banke

No, there isn't any js error. I confirmed (also using tools you told). And ScriptManager is there. As some of my conrols are behaving under AJAX (like a check box there). A map there which is built using ASP.NET map area control (built-in) and jQuery. This map does not behave under AJAX and makes post back all times on Umbraco. And events attached to that map is not fulfilling.

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Jun 02, 2010 @ 12:25
    Matt Brailsford

Hi Kresten,

Could you install something like Charles (http://www.charlesproxy.com/) to see what is happening in your ajax calls? It should be able to tell you what server communications are going on behind the scenes and what the responses are. I find it invaluble for this kind of thing.

Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft