Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kresten Banke 36 posts 56 karma points
    Apr 20, 2010 @ 20:59
    Kresten Banke

Missing property causing error on Document type

Hi,

I installed the Force SSL package and added the ForceSSL datatype to my DocumentType Text Page. Since I didn't use the ForceSSL I uninstalled the package but didn't delete the property that I had added to the DocumentType.

Now I get the error:

No node exists with id '1263'

Is there anyway that I can "re-create" this note or change the association on the Text Page Document Type. I have tried to re-install the ForceSSL package but the note is now 1313, so I guess that is why it won't work.

Please help!

Kind regards

Kresten

• webangelo 107 posts 190 karma points
    Apr 20, 2010 @ 21:13
    webangelo

Kresten,

Is there a reason you haven't removed the property from your Document Type?  Are you saying that the error is happening when you try to remove it?

--Chris

Apr 20, 2010 @ 21:20
    Kresten Banke

When I click on the document type in the three under the "Document Types" folder, I get an error that is displayed in the section to the right where the properties etc. for the docment type is normally displayed. -So I can't edit my document type - that's the problem...!

Apr 20, 2010 @ 22:12
    webangelo

Have you already created documents from this Datatype?  If not you can try copying the DocumentType.  It threw an error for me, but created a copy without the problem field.  I was then able to delete the original.

Alternatively, if you have access to your DB you can delete the DB record that contains a reference to it.  The code below finds the record.  You can then delete it using your SQL Management tool.  You could write a DELETE statement instead if desired.

SELECT     id, dataTypeId, contentTypeId, tabId, Alias, Name, helpText, sortOrder, mandatory, validationRegExp, Description
    FROM         cmsPropertyType
    WHERE     (dataTypeId = 1263)

Do this at your own risk, though.

Apr 20, 2010 @ 22:16
    webangelo

BTW, if you do delete the record from the DB, you will have to recycle the application pool or wait a little bit for the UI to recognize that the bad reference to the ForceSSL node is gone.

Apr 20, 2010 @ 22:18
    Kresten Banke

I have DB access, but which table contains the reference? If I can just change the reference to the new installation / node of ForceSSL, I shouldn't get the error anymore, right?

Apr 20, 2010 @ 22:22
    webangelo

The Table is [cmsPropertyType].

The code above should find the reference for you.  Yes if you re-installed ForceSSL, it should work to provide it with the new Datatype ID instead of deleting it.

Apr 20, 2010 @ 22:24
    webangelo

BTW when I was talking about deleting the reference, I meant the reference to the non-existant Datatype, not deleting the DocumentType itself.

Apr 20, 2010 @ 23:04
    Kresten Banke

Perfect - I actually tried that earlier and didn't succeed. However, this time it worked!

Thank you VERY, VERY much for you help - I was starting to panic a bit!!

-Kresten

Apr 21, 2010 @ 03:39
    webangelo

Kresten,

Can you mark the solution so that it shows up as resolved?

--Chris

Apr 22, 2010 @ 13:33
    Kresten Banke

Sure - just don't know how??

Apr 22, 2010 @ 14:12
    webangelo

Should be a green check mark under each answer that you didn't write.  If that answer solved the issue you can click on that check mark to mark it as the solution.

Apr 22, 2010 @ 20:19
    Kresten Banke

Thanks ;-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft