Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Mar 19, 2010 @ 18:06
    Dan Evans

blog4umbraco - blog creator

I've installed blog4umbraco but in place of the blog post creator on the content homepage it says:

To activate the blog post creator, you need to have access to at least one blog

Any ideas why? I created the blog myself and can add posts to it fine.

Thanks

Dan

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 19, 2010 @ 18:31

Hi Dan,

The blog has an owner property wich is a user picker. If the user is linked to a blog he will be able to use the dashboard control

Mar 20, 2010 @ 10:09
    Mar 24, 2010 @ 11:40
    Dan Evans

Another blog has stopped working now. I think it's the result of upgrading to the latest version.

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 24, 2010 @ 12:10

What has stopped working ? Probably something was missed during the upgrade

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Mar 24, 2010 @ 18:08
    Lee

This has just happened to me, all I have done is install the blog - Then move the blog under the Home node?

Mar 27, 2010 @ 15:32
    Dan Evans

Sorry, not very clear of me. The blog itself works fine, and if you create posts from the tree it is fine. However after upgrade AND on a fresh install it says:

"To activate the blog post creator, you need to have access to at least one blog" on the blog creator whoever the owner is set to.

D

• Shaun 248 posts 475 karma points
    Mar 29, 2010 @ 23:04
    Shaun

yes, I'm getting that. it was a brand new install on umby v4. I'm also getting duplicate blog entries appearing in the tree view (see other post). Is anyone else getting that?

• BarneyHall 141 posts 210 karma points
    Apr 07, 2010 @ 18:06
    BarneyHall

I have this problem too.

I am logged in as "Adminstrator" which is also selected as Owner within Properties but still I have no access to the dashboard "blog post creator"?

Am I doing something dumb?

This was just a clean install from Blog4Umbraco_2.0.26_634044241668381250.zip

Many thanks,
    Barney

• Sam 184 posts 209 karma points
    Apr 15, 2010 @ 21:18
    Sam

Having the same problem here? Is this a bug or a install problem? I am admin, I created the blog, yet the dashboard shows "To activate the blog post creator, you need to have access to at least one blog" - strange.

• Josh Reid 182 posts 258 karma points
    Apr 27, 2010 @ 13:40
    Josh Reid

I'm joining the fray here, same issue...

Brand New Umbraco 4.0.3 install and repository install of the BlogForUmbraco 2.0.26 package, after initial blog creation I moved the blog under my home node...

Have tried republishing entire site, 'save and republish'ing the blog, etc, all to no avail.

Thoughts?
    Cheers
    Josh

• BarneyHall 141 posts 210 karma points
    Apr 29, 2010 @ 13:51
    BarneyHall

Hi Josh, appears to be a bug. See this thread here for more info

Rgds,
    Barney

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Jul 02, 2010 @ 01:04
    David Peck

I get the same, but when I try to create a new Blog direct from the Content Tab I get:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Operand type clash: int is incompatible with ntext

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Operand type clash: int is incompatible with ntext

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[SqlException (0x80131904): Operand type clash: int is incompatible with ntext]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +2030802
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +5009584
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +234
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2275
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +215
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +987
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +178
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +137
       Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +56
       Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +83
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.SqlServer.SqlServerHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, SqlParameter[] parameters) +116
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +148

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery]
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +229
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DefaultData.set_Value(Object value) +1124
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.property.Property.set_Value(Object value) +41
       Umlaut.Umb.Blog.Dashboard.BlogCreator.blogCreateClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\6c8a1edaa924eb51\Umlaut.Umb.Blog\Dashboard\BlogCreator.ascx.cs:54
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +112
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
  • Max Mumford 266 posts 293 karma points
    Jan 07, 2011 @ 17:28
    Max Mumford

Any update on this? Barney Hall's link is dead to me .... (in the 404 kind of way.....)

• Max Mumford 266 posts 293 karma points
    Jul 06, 2011 @ 16:30
    Max Mumford

Still getting this with 4.7 and latest b4u.

• David W. 159 posts 284 karma points c-trib
    Jan 19, 2012 @ 20:44
    David W.

No news for this? Any ideas for a quickfix?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft