Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Juan Martinez 8 posts 38 karma points
    Nov 29, 2014 @ 00:28
    Juan Martinez

Add Html inside DocumentType Tab

Hello community , I am trying to achieve the following task:

1. I created DocumentType called settings , There I am adding different Settings for the system , Now there should be several tabs , that displaying status of the System.

enter image description here

Can this be achieved at all ? And if Yes , can anyone please point me to the right place , since I am even dont know what to search in google.

Thanks.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 29, 2014 @ 06:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Juan

Could you ellaborate a bit on what the HTML should be used for? Is it to allow that the editor can enter some HTML manually? Or is it so you can display some nice status messages for the editors?

If it's so the editors can add static HTML then you can just use a textbox multiple field.

Otherwise you probably need to make a custom property editor, which you can read more a bout here:

The angularjs workbook, which is a nice tutorial on how to use angularjs in Umbraco https://github.com/umbraco/AngularWorkbook The API http://umbraco.github.io/Belle/#/api

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Juan Martinez 8 posts 38 karma points
    Nov 29, 2014 @ 11:44
    Juan Martinez

Hello Jan , what I am trying to display there , is the status of Running TaskScheduler items , I Have some task that running each hr , and write to Database the results , and I'd like to render the results inside a tab of Document Type properties , as shown on the image.

I know a bit angular js , the problem I don't understand where to Add html with angular , to be shown at the specific tab of the specific Document type.

Thanks. Juan.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 29, 2014 @ 19:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Juan

Well I suppose you could make a property editor for this - Then it's a matter of reading the tutorial in the referenced workbook above, which takes you through the steps of creating a property editor, which you can then reference on your document type an place it under your desired tab.

If you read through the first chapters of the book then I'm pretty sure you will figure it all out and that it will make sense :)

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft