Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zac 239 posts 541 karma points
    Jun 18, 2014 @ 00:58
    Zac

Extend umbraco backoffice content editor and disable validation - hook into angular controllers

We're trying to setup a tab hider in v7 and have a few questions.

We currently setup the tab hider by editing the umbraco/js/umbraco.controllers.js file and the umbraco/views/content/edit.html files.  

This allows us to set a display / hide property on each tab of the umbraco data and prevent the tabs from rendering on load.

While this works, we have two issues with it:

1. Is there a way to disable validation on properties programmatically?  We'd like to disable the validation on any hidden properties.  Currently any fields that should be validated are failing because they don't exist on the page (we prevent them from being output).

2. While manually editing the controller works fine for now, we'd prefer to hook into the angular controllers.  Are there any events that allow us to hook into the controller on load, pre render, save, etc?

Thanks for any advice.

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 22:15
    David Brendel

Hi Summit,

I was also thinking about a tab/property hider for v7 and how to create it.

Have you got any further with this?

Regards,

David

• Zac 239 posts 541 karma points
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 23:04
    Zac

Yes, I set something up, but I did it by overriding the core file umbraco\js\umbraco.controllers.js.  It works fine, except it doesn't disable validation on the hidden tabs.  We're not crazy about the solution but it works good enough for our current needs.

I'd be interested in any ideas that you had about this and maybe collaborating on it.

Zac

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft