This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Wachter Bernd 48 posts 68 karma points
    Oct 19, 2009 @ 17:34
    Wachter Bernd

Telerik Controls and Umbraco

Hello,

I have the Telrik Suite for ASP.NET Ajax

I have make a Usercontrols with Controls from Telerik

Then i have the Telrik .dll and my DLL from my Usercontrol and my Usercontrol
    Upload to my Umbraco Installation...

I have create a new Macro with insert my Usercontrol...

And when i show my Site i become the Following Error..

Error creating control (/usercontrols/Buchungsform.ascx).
    Maybe file doesn't exists or the usercontrol has a cache directive, which is not allowed! See the tracestack for more information!

Is this a Problem to use Telerik Controls in my Usercontrol ????

• Chris Dunn 75 posts 127 karma points
    Oct 19, 2009 @ 17:47
    Chris Dunn

Haven't tried telerik controls in umbraco yet.  Are you missing a dll dependency or license file?  Add "?umbDebugShowTrace=true" to the end of your url to see where it's failing.

-Chris

• Rasmus Berntsen 215 posts 253 karma points c-trib
    Oct 19, 2009 @ 17:51
    Rasmus Berntsen

I've used Telerik controls (mainly the navigation) on many different Umbraco sites without any problems... Hmnn...

Oct 19, 2009 @ 18:01
    Wachter Bernd

Hi,

I have insert ?DebugShowTrace=true to the end of my Domain like this

http://beta.mydomain.at/kontakt/buchungsanfrage.aspx?DebugShowTrace=true

It not work ?

Oct 19, 2009 @ 18:13
    Wachter Bernd

Hello ,

When i go in my Macro Settings "Browse Properties" i becom the folling Error :

System.Web.HttpCompileException: D:\InetPub\wwwroot\www.mydomain.at\Umbraco\usercontrols\Test.ascx(3): error BC32206: Indirekter Verweis auf die Assembly System.Web.Extensions, Version 3.5.0.0, die Telerik.Web.UI.RadScriptManager enthält. Dieses Projekt verweist auf eine Vorgängerversion der System.Web.Extensions-Version 1.0.61025.0. Sie müssen den Verweis auf System.Web.Extensions durch die Version 3.5.0.0 oder höher ersetzen, wenn Sie Telerik.Web.UI.RadScriptManager verwenden möchten. at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) at umbraco.developer.assemblyBrowser.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Oct 19, 2009 @ 18:20
    Wachter Bernd

OK now works with DebugShowTrace, and i see the following Error ????

umbracoMacroMacro loaded from cache (ID: 18, Buchungsform)0,00855800108673030,000142
    renderMacroRendering started (macro: Buchungsform, type: 3, cacheRate: 0)0,008621067761405430,000063
    umbracoMacroUsercontrol added (/usercontrols/Test.ascx)0,008674845546012130,000054
    macroError creating usercontrol (/usercontrols/Test.ascx)
    D:\InetPub\wwwroot\www.almrausch.at\Umbraco\usercontrols\Test.ascx(3): error BC32206: Indirekter Verweis auf die Assembly System.Web.Extensions, Version 3.5.0.0, die Telerik.Web.UI.RadScriptManager enthält. Dieses Projekt verweist auf eine Vorgängerversion der System.Web.Extensions-Version 1.0.61025.0. Sie müssen den Verweis auf System.Web.Extensions durch die Version 3.5.0.0 oder höher ersetzen, wenn Sie Telerik.Web.UI.RadScriptManager verwenden möchten.
      bei System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.PostProcessFoundBuildResult(BuildResult result, Boolean keyFromVPP, VirtualPath virtualPath)
      bei System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetBuildResultFromCacheInternal(String cacheKey, Boolean keyFromVPP, VirtualPath virtualPath, Int64 hashCode)
      bei System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
      bei System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
      bei System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath)
      bei umbraco.macro.loadUserControl(String fileName, Hashtable attributes, Hashtable pageElements)
    aspx.pageEnd Init
  • Chris Larson 48 posts 63 karma points
    Oct 20, 2009 @ 00:00
    Chris Larson

The Telerik controls DLL needs to be in the /bin folder, not the /usercontrols folder. Telerik needs to be in that folder to execute properly. That should resolve the problem.

Oct 20, 2009 @ 07:30
    Wachter Bernd

Hi Chris,

I have the Telerik.Web.UI.dll in my /Bin Folder !
    and the Usercontrols in /Usercontrols Folder

This is not the Problem

When i work in a normal ASP.NET Projekt it works perfect

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 20, 2009 @ 07:37
    Sebastiaan Janssen

My German is a little bit rusty, but are you sure the site is running in .net 2.0 mode so that it can make use of .net 3.5 (which telerik controls seem to be looking for)?

Oct 20, 2009 @ 07:40
    Wachter Bernd

Hi Sebastian,

I have use the Telerik Net 3.5 Version ....

Ok i test this with the Telerik Net 2.0 Version, ...

Oct 20, 2009 @ 07:53
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Your webserver should be in .net 2.0 mode though, not the telerik controls. .net 3.5 is available from the 2.0 version, it's an add-on to 2.0.

So check your webserver and/or you web.config if they are configured in the 3.5 mode. Make sure to get the Web.config file to use with .NET 3.5+ from codeplex.

Oct 20, 2009 @ 08:13
    Wachter Bernd

Hi Sebastiaan,

Yes this was the Problem !!!
    I have now test with the Version 2.0 of Telerik Controls an now Works perfect !!

Ok i make a Test with the other web.config to use Net 3.5...

Thank you very much ....

Oct 20, 2009 @ 08:47
    Wachter Bernd

Hi,

Ok with the new Web.config to work with Net 3.5 also works the Telerik 3.5 Controls !!

Sebastiaan so much thanks !!!

Oct 20, 2009 @ 12:49
    Wachter Bernd

Hi Sebastiaan,

I have a Problem with the new Web.config..

The Site works perfect with the net 3.5 config but i cannot more Login to my Umbraco Page ????

When i copy my old web.config File return i can Login to the Page...
    and when i copy the new web.config File for .Net 3.5 Support i cannot Login as Admin ???

Oct 20, 2009 @ 14:58
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I sometimes have the same problem, something with password hashing. Try and remove (or add, depending on if they are present now) the passwordFormat from these lines:

<add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="Another Type" passwordFormat="Hashed" />
            <add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.UsersMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" />
    Oct 20, 2009 @ 20:56
    Wachter Bernd

Hi Sebastiaan,

Thanks now works !!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft