Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John French 32 posts 83 karma points
    Oct 22, 2013 @ 04:39
    John French

Adding a new button next to save and publish

Hi,

I want to add a new button next to save and publish that will actually create a new node as a child of the node you are on - I only want this button to appear on certain document types - is this even possible with umbraco?

Thanks for your help!

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Oct 22, 2013 @ 07:30
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi James,

This can be achieve by using Contour Package as well.  You have the choice to make an Manual Approval to Publish the content node.

//fuji

• John French 32 posts 83 karma points
    Oct 22, 2013 @ 08:12
    John French

Hi Fuji,

thanks for your reply - however i'm looking for something more custom

e.g i might want to create a new button that does something different like posts something to facebook, or adds some content somewhere else in the site using the api, opens a popup etc. - the idea is that I want a button in the menu bar (next to the save and publish) that when the user clicks on it it will call an function in c# in which i can write and do something that i want

cheers

• Carlos Tarazona 24 posts 43 karma points
    Mar 15, 2014 @ 13:42
    Carlos Tarazona

Hi James,

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I'm looking to something similar.  I want to replace the save and save & publish button images with custom images.  I am able to swap out the images, but they're not the same size as the default images and there are inline styles that make the toolbar funky.

Does anyone know how to go about making this kind of customization?  Javascript?  Some master page?

Also, I made a similar post here:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/49060-Use-different-images-for-Umbraco-save-and-save-and-publish-buttons

Thanks.

Carlos

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft