Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevin Jump 2311 posts 14697 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 27, 2013 @ 15:09
    Kevin Jump

Umbraco or uComponents: DataType Grid - not firing OnSaving Event

Bit stumped with this one . 

Umbraco v6.0.6 & uComponents 5.4.1 (& uSync which is where the problem materializes)

upon creating a DataGrid Datatype and saving without any DataTypes values. The "OnSaving" event is trigged by umbraco. (usync picks it up and writes it out to disk). 

However once a dataType value has been added the OnSaving event is no longer triggered. I've added extra logging to usync and it's not getting an OnSaving at all - it works for other data types fine. 

The data type appears to be saved in umbraco but no events are raised. with or without usync installed you also don't get the "DataType Saved" bubble in the corner - indicating (?) that umbraco hasn't received/set a save event ? 

So ? - uComponents ? or Umbraco ? 

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jun 27, 2013 @ 17:30
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Kevin,

I'll take a look tomorrow morning, see if we can reproduce the problem.  I don't think DataTypeGrid is doing anything funky with saving the data-type prevalues, but we'll see.

I'll let you know what we find.

Cheers, Lee.

• Kevin Jump 2311 posts 14697 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 27, 2013 @ 17:37
    Kevin Jump

thanks, its a bit of a minefield not least because that bit of the core is quite old. so it could be doing anything - would be good to rule out uComponets 

• Enric León 19 posts 550 karma points c-trib
    Nov 07, 2013 @ 12:28
    Enric León

Hi, I am also stuck on this. It would be great to have uComponents: DataType Grid in uSync's flow. Is there any news about this issue?

• Ryan 1 post 21 karma points
    Dec 16, 2013 @ 18:15
    Ryan

Any word on what is happening here? I am seeing the exact same problem. Prevalues are being written out to the config by uSync, but any data type columns I add are not, and then are removed from the datatype upon restart.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    May 14, 2014 @ 10:40
    Ismail Mayat

Guys,

Any update on this I am having the same issue, so you get the initial stub but not any configuration values.

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft