Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Abbitt 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jun 12, 2013 @ 18:02
    Daniel Abbitt

Custom Membership Provider string breaking macros

I'm trying implement a custom membership provider to authenticate against an AD. I've created a login system to access the Umbraco membership system that works fine but as soon as I add another membership provider string in to the web.config file the macros fail with an "Error loading MacroEngine" message.

Even in a macro that simply displays the current member name, the error message occurs.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated, quite stuck on this!

• Daniel Abbitt 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jun 12, 2013 @ 18:23
    Daniel Abbitt

Further investigation has shown it's to do with the type of membership provider. The current string is:

<add name="MyADMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

If I change the type to "umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider" to duplicate the Umbraco membership provider it works fine. The original string is taken straight from a tutorial online (http://thegrayzone.co.uk/blog/2012/07/combined-authentication-with-umbraco/) so not quite sure why it's not working!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft