Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Barg 358 posts 532 karma points
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 20:06
    Richard Barg

Active Directory (AD) - Selective or Filtered Display of Pages on Public Site

Note:  I am posting here because prior questions on the Active Directory back office extensions have gone answered. 

We are in the process of implementing AD using the AD Directory provider back office extension created by Keviin Jump, http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/umbraco-active-directory-authentication to display pages selectively on one of our websites.

We're not sure if AD can selectively supress  the display of pages for those who are not in the configured active directory group. In the example screenshot below, we'd like to have the Intranet menu tab and the "confidential information" child page only display for those users who have logged into our network as members of a select active directory group.

• Kevin Jump 2312 posts 14698 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 20:20
    Kevin Jump

sorry up until yesterday i wasn't getting notifications of anything getting posted into the discussion, probibly over agressive spam checking.

if the role provider is setup correctly, then using the standard umbraco functions you should be able to hide things from people with no access.

Adding .Where("Visible") to the query that builds your navigation should work, as i understand it visible, looks for umbracoNaviHide and if the user has Access.

you can also check directly use item.HasAccess when building the navigation to see if a user can access a page and not show it if they dont. 

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/umbracolibrary/hasaccess ;

Feb 06, 2013 @ 20:24
    Richard Barg

Thanks for the reply.  I understand the spam filtering issue.

We are grateful for your work in creating this invaluable extenion and support of it.

Feb 20, 2013 @ 18:40
    Richard Barg

Kevin,

This link is broken:

"you can also check directly use item.HasAccess when building the navigation to see if a user can access a page and not show it if they dont. "

our.umbraco.org/.../hasaccess 

Could you post another link?

• Kevin Jump 2312 posts 14698 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Feb 20, 2013 @ 18:46
    Feb 20, 2013 @ 19:09
    Richard Barg

Thanks Kevin,

I'm going to move this info to your main project discussion are and close out this forum post as solved.  We're trying to implement your AD solution as we speak and will let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft