Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pam 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 07, 2012 @ 19:28
    Pam

Registering Umbraco controls to access macro

I'm a newb to Umbraco so I apologize if this has been answered already. I'm working on converting our intranet to Umbraco for the CMS content, but we have a couple of pages that need to work as is. To work around this, I've created a sub folder in the Umbraco site that the URL Rewriter ignores. I need to include the navigation macro I've created on these pages but when I load the pages, they display an error: 

Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\Navigation3Levels.xslt

I'm guessing I need to register the Umbraco DLLs on the master page that these pages will be using so it can access the Umbraco macro, but I've not had any success in doing so. I tried these two:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="umb" Namespace="umbraco.uicontrols" Assembly="controls" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="umbraco" Namespace="umbraco.library" Assembly="umbraco" %> 

but the page continues to display the error. Any suggestions for what I'm doing wrong?

• Drew 165 posts 340 karma points
    Sep 08, 2012 @ 13:05
    Drew

Not sure about includes for the XSLT itself - but if you don't need to alter the XSLT or provide new data (such as where you want to re-use a header menu or footer
    content on a non-umbraco site) - you could simply create a template that outputs your XSLT, which you could then include in your new site.

So: www.mysite.com/?altTemplate=getHeaderMenu 

Although slightly hacky, this would remove any direct Umbraco DLL requirements, if you're not using them for anything else. 

Cheers,
    Drew 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft