Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    May 08, 2012 @ 13:41
    Lee

Examine Error In Latest Version Of Umbraco

I have a custom index which has been working fine, I upgraded to the latest version of Umbraco 4.7.2 and noticed none of my nodes were showing in the front end.

I tried to republish and get the following error

Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: attribute

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: attribute

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: attribute]
       System.Xml.Linq.XAttribute.op_Explicit(XAttribute attribute) +163158
       UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer.ReIndexNode(XElement node, String type) +193
       Examine.ExamineManager._ReIndexNode(XElement node, String type, IEnumerable`1 providers) +93
       umbraco.DocumentCacheEventHandler.Invoke(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.content.UpdateDocumentCache(Document d) +1064
       umbraco.library.UpdateDocumentCache(Int32 DocumentId) +122
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.Publish(Object sender, EventArgs e) +541
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +187
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +165
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3707

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

I have deleted and rebuilt the examine indexes but still the same error?

May 10, 2012 @ 11:36
    Lee

This seems to only happen on random docTypes? I can publish lots of different pages, just on random doctypes - If I create a new page and publish, I get the error above and 'sometimes' all the link to documents have a # instead of the Url.

If I open the umbraco.config, its wiped the config apart from a few pages?

May 10, 2012 @ 12:02
    Lee

Update: BTW I'm running 4.7.1.1 and it seems that if I create any new doctypes and try publish any of those types it screws the XML (And sometimes get the above error). I can create and publish existing doctypes without a problem.

May 10, 2012 @ 13:50
    Lee

The more I'm looking into this it does seem to more and more be pointing to Examine.  

This site has a custom examine index as well as the default ones, but I cannot see why this would be causing the default on publish actions to die and the config XML to die.

May 11, 2012 @ 09:17
  • mithun 42 posts 63 karma points
    Feb 23, 2013 @ 10:27
    mithun

Hi Lee,

it doesn't work in my case,still showing hash value on new document type nodes

regards

mithun

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft