Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Dec 05, 2011 @ 13:39
    Tom

TinyMCE Allowing any markup

Try as I might I cannot get TinyMCE to allow a youtube embed..

I've followed these instructions to the letter.. restarted my app etc and it will strip out the flash tag if i embed from the html view or if i try and use mysnippets

1. Locate the configuration file umbracoSettings.config.  It may be in the /config directory.  Using an editor, turn off Tidy:

<TidyEditorContent>False</TidyEditorContent>

2. Locate the tinyMceConfig.config file.  Change the Valid Elements tag to allow for any markup:

<validElements><![CDATA[*[*]]]></validElements>

3. Touch the web.config.  Windows does not have the handy 'nix "touch" command, therefore, to accomplish this, open the web.config file, add a space between any tags, and save the file.  This will queue Umbraco to reload it's configuration.

At this point, you should be able to add any HTML tags to your TinyMCE editor window, and it will save them.

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Dec 05, 2011 @ 17:19
    Stefan Kip

If you're using umbraco v4.7.1, please check my blogpost.

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Dec 05, 2011 @ 23:29
    Tom

Yep! using 4.7.1! is it difficult to upgrade tinymce? 

Thanks for your reply! most appreciated!

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Dec 06, 2011 @ 09:29
    Stefan Kip

Nope, just download TinyMCE here and overwrite it in '/umbraco_client/tinymce3/'.
    Only thing you'll have to watch out for is overwriting custom umbraco stuff. There's one folder I know of which you should not overwrite: '/umbraco_client/tinymce3/plugins/advlink/'.

So upgrading TinyMCE is at your own risk... 

• Drew 165 posts 340 karma points
    Dec 08, 2011 @ 15:52
    Drew

I also had this issue.

Your steps are correct, but you also need to comment out some lines in a file to stop the 'media' plugin from chaning out object/param tags too:

editor_plugin_src.js in /umbraco_client/tinymce3/plugins/media

See this short thread: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/25571-TinyMCE-HTML-Editor-Stripping-Embed-tags-#

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft