Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• praveity 100 posts 125 karma points
    Sep 23, 2011 @ 10:41
    praveity

Dynamically change the mandatory field of properties

Hi to All,

I am doing the custom development at the backend which would list all the properties of document type with checkbox field. Based on these checked/unchecked value of properties I need to modify the mandatory field of that property. 

So far I have modified the cmspropertytype table with the exact values. But as I move on to the content section and publish the page with that document type, it doesn't validate those mandatory field. 

Please help me out on this. 

Sep 27, 2011 @ 11:20
    praveity

Does anybody have idea about this?? Its really get out of me. 

:(

Sep 27, 2011 @ 11:40
    praveity

So far, I have made a created a custom datatype that list the properties of the specific document type A(which I want to modify). This datatype is used on the content section which the different document type B.  From there we could check/uncheck the checkbox list. 

On the actual document type A, I have a ultimate picker that use document type B. 

When the document type A is published ,, I need to look for the properties that are set mandatory on document type B. 

How would be this possibly dynamically on fly? Note that there can be different set of properties checked/unchecked on the document type B

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft