Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stig Kulvedrøsten 48 posts 69 karma points
    Sep 01, 2011 @ 11:45
    Stig Kulvedrøsten

Examine analyzer

One of my properties being indexed has the following format: "this is value 1,this is value 2,this is value 3"

I dont want the indexer to split this property on whitespace, but on comma. Can I use a different analyzer?

How can I query this to get a match on each split value? Now I have to do a fuzzy query and then I get hits on all of them if I e.g. use the following query "this is value 1"

Any suggestions? Different analyzer?

Stig

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Sep 01, 2011 @ 11:53
    Rich Green

Hey Stig,

Check out this blog post here http://www.farmcode.org/category/uComponents.aspx this is splitting the CSV values of the uComponents MNTP but you can use the same process to split your values by comma.

Code sample also here http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/11667-GatheringNodeData-examine-event?p=0

Rich

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Dec 22, 2011 @ 12:13
    Tim

@Stig, you could use the Examine indexing events to replace commas with spaces maybe?

• Michael Sims 119 posts 387 karma points
    Jul 09, 2012 @ 12:40
    Michael Sims

Hi Stig,
    I believe I have the same requirement as you.

Firstly, I have an index set that has user fields with the following format: "1234,1236,2345". At present I can only get it to match this field if the content is exact, i.e. if I update the field to just "1234" and search for that exact term. Can I ask how you solved this? Were you using an incorrect analyzer?

Secondly, how did you handle matching as you asked above. I want to search for "1234" and it to return the node containing the value "1234,1236,2345" in the property specified in my user-defined fields index.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft