Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Markus Johansson 1914 posts 5761 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jun 14, 2011 @ 14:48
    Markus Johansson

Custom plugins in TinyMCE

Hi!

I just wanna share some of my experiens when trying to add my own custom plugin to the TinyMCE 3-editor in Umbraco. This post http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/customizing-the-wysiwyg-rich-text-editor-(tinymce)/add-youtube-button-to-tinymce was very useful!

I copied an example from the the plugin-directory of TinyMCE (umbraco_client\tinymce3\plugins). And remaned the minified "editor_plugin.js" to something else and took the readble source file "editor_plugin_src.js" and renamed that one to "editor_plugin.js" isteed.

When i tried to run the editor nothing happend i i got this error message in the database-log (look at the bold part):

At /umbraco/plugins/tinymce3/tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx?rnd=53928c29-a1dc-4ce1-9502-5e7d618acf84&module=gzipmodule&themes=umbraco&plugins=contextmenu,umbracomacro,noneditable,inlinepopups,table,advlink,media,paste,spellchecker,umbracoimg,umbracocss&languages=en (Referred by: http://xxxx.info/umbraco/editContent.aspx?id=1119):
    System.Exception: File could not be found "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\umbraco_client\tinymce3\plugins\icode\editor_plugin_src.js", unable to add it for Gzip compression. at
    umbraco.presentation.plugins.tinymce3.GzipCompressor.AddFile(String path) at
    umbraco.presentation.plugins.tinymce3.GzipModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) at
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Umbraco uses the source-file and minifys it. So the "editor_plugin.js" is worthless. It took me some time to figure this out but now everything works smoothly!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft