Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Holmes 1 post 46 karma points
    Mar 31, 2011 @ 13:37
    Thomas Holmes

Package actions for changing web.config

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Umbraco and overall I've been very impressed with its breadth and usability. However, I have been struggling with creating a package. I'm affliated with 51Degrees.mobi, which can detect and redirect mobile devices (or any device and browser for that matter) and we get many requests for an easy to install Umbraco package. While I've had no problem putting DLLs and a database file in the right place I haven't been able to get new sections in the web.config necessary to make our software work. I need to add a new configGroup and an entirely new <fiftyOne> node to make it functional.

I've tried all manner of actions and trawled all kind of documentation but none of them seem to do anything. Do I need to specifically allow package actions or am I missing something else fundamental? Or could anyone recommend the name of another package that is known to change the web.config so I can see an example of how it is done.

I've scratching my head on this for a while now and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft